High End?

Well I just bought 2 BG Neo3's after reading everything in the review on it. Everyone that has used it, has never put their old tweeters back in, and the ones they replaced it with, were other tweeters I was considering. Needless to say, I will be better able to see the install possibilities once I have the tweeters in my hands and can test them. So Now I need to find the Peerless XLS woofers and decide on the midrange. To be honest, since I listen to a lot of live CD's I think maybe the Seas speaker will be better suited. So now I need to know if I should use the Nextel woofer or Magnesium woofer, and what size?

I replied over at DIYMA...bigger is better but I'd try to keep the tweeter and mid together to have a single point source. I don't think I'd do 4 tweeters, that just gets really complicated.

They'll probably all sound great. I would try to hear the Seas and Scanspeak mids as it will be a matter of taste. The Seas will be incredibly revealing to the point of being unforgiving of bad recordings, but the Scanspeak will also be very detailed. They're both in the top echelon of drivers. I'd definitely go for the Peerless, they're supposed to be incredible midbass drivers. The tweeters will also be a matter of choice, but I haven't heard anything bad about any of those. I don't know why you'd put the large-format Usher in a 3-way, though.
Word is seal the Scan 4's, and there hardly could be a better midrange ...

Wait for a month or two... The Ologys will drop and slaughter the market...
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif The famous last words of Ology: Hey, what happened?

Did you consider the Buwalda Legatia 3"?

OK boys....spent a day recouping of SVR....

the best normal 4 hands down is the scan 4 ...the SEAS 4 in no way stacks up to it tonally nor has the range as the scan...now in my mind, they only two to trump the scan would either be the Audio Technology 4 or the ATC middome...

for 3's...the Focal 3w2 without hesitation...Ron Baker had his playing down to 150Hz and did if effortlessly with no sign of strain and no coloration...the Legatia 3 on the other hand, was one of the worst drivers I've listened to and that was after Steve Head spent many hours trying to fix it....before there were stock OEM drivers that sound better...very 2D and had major issues with playing complex passages...

Ok whats this about Ology's? I have never heard of it. I do not like the idea of putting this off another 2 months, but if its going to be totally worth it, I guess I could. So will these be better then the Revelator 4" and what kind of price are we looking at?

taking nothing away from Ology....can't compare something with specs and claims...a side by side has to be done...and I was asked to beta test the drivers...can't wait to see how they will stack up

OK boys....spent a day recouping of SVR....
the best normal 4 hands down is the scan 4 ...the SEAS 4 in no way stacks up to it tonally nor has the range as the scan...now in my mind, they only two to trump the scan would either be the Audio Technology 4 or the ATC middome...

for 3's...the Focal 3w2 without hesitation...Ron Baker had his playing down to 150Hz and did if effortlessly with no sign of strain and no coloration...the Legatia 3 on the other hand, was one of the worst drivers I've listened to and that was after Steve Head spent many hours trying to fix it....before there were stock OEM drivers that sound better...very 2D and had major issues with playing complex passages...
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Well, I wonder how much better things can get.... like if Scan has the best 4" now, how much better could another speaker really get. I know many times, sound is a personal prefernce, but since testing out your own speakers is pratically impossible if you live on a budget, we must depend on the reviews of others.

Another thing I would like to see is a test done once a speaker has gone through its burn in process. Many times a speaker sounds different after 100's of hours on them then they did new. Typically I like the sound better after burn in.

Lastly, where can I get a 4" Revelator? Madisound only has the 5" and higher. Of course if the 5" or higher would sound better I would get them for the little difference in price.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Cam...buddy.....I am most happy that I got to meet you and your wife...you guys are awesome...I mean AWESOME people!!!!!.....which leaves even more of a bitter taste in my mouth for for Scott not only with his claims...but for what happened at finals last year..... I felt the exact same way about the red 240 so don't take it personal...stick with fazza and the crew and you'll have a bright future in IASCA...

Well, I wonder how much better things can get.... like if Scan has the best 4" now, how much better could another speaker really get. I know many times, sound is a personal prefernce, but since testing out your own speakers is pratically impossible if you live on a budget, we must depend on the reviews of others.
Another thing I would like to see is a test done once a speaker has gone through its burn in process. Many times a speaker sounds different after 100's of hours on them then they did new. Typically I like the sound better after burn in.

Lastly, where can I get a 4" Revelator? Madisound only has the 5" and higher. Of course if the 5" or higher would sound better I would get them for the little difference in price.
12M/4631G is what you should be looking at. And yes, Madisound does carry them.

Ok, I found those at Stolen.... But wow $220 a speaker? How much better could they sound over the SEAS Excell. I mean are they really worth the extra $100 a speaker?

Ohh just noticed the 4.5" comes with e NEO magnet, which is probably why the cost is so high.

Well its decided! Going with the Scanspeak 4.5" Neo driver! I just got one off ebay for half price, so I jumped on it. So looks like the pair will cost me $300 which was about the same for the SEAS so it was a no brainer. So the set-up looks like so...

BG Neo 3 Tweeters on a US Amps USA-50

Scanspeak 12/M4631G Revelator Midrange's Off and US Amps USA-400x

Peerless XLS 8" Woofer's off a US Amps USA-600x

Stereo Integrity D2 12" off a USa Amps USA-900x

I looked a little closer while driving today, and as long the the Neo 3 is not huge, I should be able to custom fit it in the A-Pillar if it will sound best there.

The 4" goes in the kicks for sure, and the 8" in the doors. The sub of course is in the trunk.

Let me know if the Peerless and Scanspeak are not a good combo. If not please inform me what to use. Thanks everyone!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.