high and low pass filters and Subsonic filter.

Make a CD?.. LOL!.. Listen to as many genres as you can stomach... Once it is right you'll be able to enjoy it!

It is late Sunday dude... Re-read the thread and use those starting points then listen and adjust and be critical... sometimes loud is not good... a CD will not help you... Rockville!... HA!.. Good night...

It is late Sunday dude... Re-read the thread and use those starting points then listen and adjust and be critical... sometimes loud is not good... a CD will not help you... Rockville!... HA!.. Good night...
I get you!

Thanks for the help.

It's late Monday here. SKorea

You're kind of hosed on the HPF 100hz thing. That's a drawback of many of these cheaper amps. There simply isn't an effective method to cover 50-3000hz with a dial. Even at the 1/8 point on the dial you'd be at 300hz plus -- assuming it's a linear/accurate dial and it probably isn't.

They're trying to give the option to filter any type of speaker including a tweeter. What they need there is a multiplier switch to make that dial either 5-300 or 50-3000, but that costs money and this is a low cost amp.

Basically, someplace barely off the stop at full counter-clockwise is where you'll want to set it.

hmmmm, the tradeoffs between this and a good pair of 6x9's (if the car takes them) with an amp and a low end sub like this. Of course the 6x9s wont play as low, but theyll snap pretty well, and offer some better highs (for those who like rear a stage). This sub, an amp, install kit etc etc vs a 4 channel and 2 pair of coaxials, install kit blah blah. Id probably go for the amp+4 vs amp+sub

You're kind of hosed on the HPF 100hz thing. That's a drawback of many of these cheaper amps. There simply isn't an effective method to cover 50-3000hz with a dial. Even at the 1/8 point on the dial you'd be at 300hz plus -- assuming it's a linear/accurate dial and it probably isn't.They're trying to give the option to filter any type of speaker including a tweeter. What they need there is a multiplier switch to make that dial either 5-300 or 50-3000, but that costs money and this is a low cost amp.

Basically, someplace barely off the stop at full counter-clockwise is where you'll want to set it.
Yes, I agree and thanks for the advice.

I thought it was going to be difficult especially on the hpf and as you say it may. May not be liner.

So I thought a good way was to make some test tones.

I have one at 100hz. When it drops off I know it's not 100 , when it is clear I know it is!

What do you think about that method?

Just chiming in here because your talking about what i have a question about. If my box is tuned to 30Hz and i should set my SSF 1/2 an octive lower than that I should set it at 15Hz correct?

And how do you know where 100 is on say a hpf.It's easy on some of them as it's just 15hz to 55hz.

So it's easy to divide it up and estimate where the 35hz is.

But the hpf is 50hz to 300khz. That's more difficult to guess where 100hz is!?
download xplicit audio ultimate car app on your phone there's a test tone generator. Play the tone, adjust it until it starts fading and you are at the right spot.

Just chiming in here because your talking about what i have a question about. If my box is tuned to 30Hz and i should set my SSF 1/2 an octive lower than that I should set it at 15Hz correct?
no like 24 if u are really sure it's tuned at 30hz after sub disp., if u aren't sure i'd just set it a tad below 30 or at 30 for that matter.. u can set at 30 play deepest bass u have and turn it down just a tad every few seconds if u don't hear and distortion u can probably leave it at 24-25hz..

---------- Post added at 10:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 PM ----------

Thanks.I tried that but it didnt drop off like I thought it would.

In the end I just set the audio up so it sounded good and left it at that!
so how the rockville sub work out?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.