Hifonics BRX1600.1D or Hifonics BRX2000.1D or Hifonics BRX2400.1D for 2 Type R 12D4?

Deadlocked
10+ year member

Sup guys I have 2 Alpine Type R 12" SWR-12D4 subwoofers and I just bought the BRX 1600.1D amp but i've been hearing from a couple of people that it would be underpowering the subs but they're both rated to take anywhere from 300 RMS to 1000 RMS ? Should I return the BRX 1600.1 and get one of the other 2? Which amp would be the best I want the most minimal chance of blowing anything, I'm getting it installed at a shop so it should be done professionally.

Hifonics BRX1600.1D

1600W RMS Class NextGen Super-D Monoblock Brutus Series Amplifier

• RMS: 600W x 1 @ 4 ohms, 1200W x 1 @ 2 ohms, 1600W x 1 @ 1 ohm

Hifonics BRX2000.1D

2000W RMS Class NextGen Super-D Monoblock Brutus Series Amplifier

• RMS: 700W x 1 @ 4 ohms, 1400W x 1 @ 2 ohms, 2000W x 1 @ 1 ohm

or Hifonics BRX 2400.1D

2400W RMS Class NextGen Super-D Monoblock Brutus Series Amplifier

• RMS: 850W x 1 @ 4 ohms, 1600W x 1 @ 2 ohms, 2400W x 1 @ 1 ohm

Thanks guys!

First off, super-d, is a marketing ploy. Are you dead set on these choices only? Budget? If not dead set, check the classies on here, usually find some decent stuff. Look for anywhere from a solid 1500-2000 watt RMS amp. nkrell11 has a crescendo bc2k for 360, last comment from him about was last friday. seems to be a decent dude, deff a decent price/amp.

Go big or go home, any of them will drive those subs well. I'd get the big one for upgrade flexibility in the future. Hifonics makes some good amps, but not top of the line. I'm more than satisfied with my BRX1600.1D

First off, super-d, is a marketing ploy. Are you dead set on these choices only? Budget? If not dead set, check the classies on here, usually find some decent stuff. Look for anywhere from a solid 1500-2000 watt RMS amp. nkrell11 has a crescendo bc2k for 360, last comment from him about was last friday. seems to be a decent dude, deff a decent price/amp.

Yeah I'm pretty much dead set on those 3 choices I've heard good things about them they're not top of the line but they're pretty good from what I hear. And I'd rather buy new since I already ordered the BRX1600.1d but thinking about returning it since people told me it'll probably blow or something and to go with the BRX2400.1d but I was just wondering if it's worth it or not and will it be too much power I mean 1200W RMS to each subwoofer at 1ohm when they can only take 1000W RMS ?

Yeah I'm pretty much dead set on those 3 choices I've heard good things about them they're not top of the line but they're pretty good from what I hear. And I'd rather buy new since I already ordered the BRX1600.1d but thinking about returning it since people told me it'll probably blow or something and to go with the BRX2400.1d but I was just wondering if it's worth it or not and will it be too much power I mean 1200W RMS to each subwoofer at 1ohm when they can only take 1000W RMS ?
If it's 1200W of clean power they will be fine, should be loud as hell in the right box, too. Set your gains properly and you'll be golden.

If you set your gains properly, you should be ok. It's usually ok to have a little headroom so you're not trying to get more than any particular amp can provide. with the 2400, you might want to upgrade some electrical, starting with what is called the big 3 and an agm battery under the hood. You will want to use at least 1/0 guage wire for the big 3 and power/ground on that amp as well.

I just bought a pure 1500 amp to replace my hifonics brz 1600 and I must say that the pure amp bangs way harder and sounds better. I still have my 2400 brutus but I'm thinking of getting a pure 3000

If it's 1200W of clean power they will be fine, should be loud as hell in the right box, too. Set your gains properly and you'll be golden.
How do I know that this amp gives 1200W of clean power? I won't be setting the gains the installer will lol, after he's done I won't be touching any of that except whatevers on my head unit.

that 2400d should be able to provide a clean 2000 watts rms, clean power simply means non clipped, cuz clipping can cuase too much heat and that ain't good for nothing. BTW, how many threads you got about this...lol.

How do I know that this amp gives 1200W of clean power? I won't be setting the gains the installer will lol, after he's done I won't be touching any of that except whatevers on my head unit.
If the installer is doing it then I hope they're doing it with a scope or dd1. You will be fine running the 2400

how do you know the installer knows what hes doing when he sets your gain? ask what they use to set the gains

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.