Hifonics brutus BRZ 1200.1 or Sundown SAZ 1000.1

don't understand why i have to be an idiot for stating facts well i guess Jacob is and idiot also, since he was the one to do real test on his amps

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am going to go through and drop the SAZ-1000D, SAE-1200D, SAZ-1500D, SAZ-2000D, SAZ-3000D, and SAZ-3500D in the Jeep and do a power clamp test so we have a rough and UNIFORM comparison between the amps in the same setup.

Test Frequency - 50 Hz

Test Load - 4x SA-12s all in parallel for 0.4375 DCR (1/2 nominal)

Test Electrical - 6x Stinger SPV-70 + 225-Amp Alternator (vehicle only at idle)

Amp gain set to 1/2 - Head Unit Sub Control 10/10 - Head Unit Volume 50/50

Setting gain to half on each amp is, of course, not an exact match... but for the sake of roughly comparing the amps I think it serves the purpose.

---------------

SAZ-1000D:

POWER : 1040 Watts

AMP VOLTAGE (measured) : 37.2 V

AMP CURRENT (calculated) : 27.95 A

ACTUAL IMPEDANCE (calculated) : 1.33 ohms

SUPPLY VOLTAGE : 13.15 V

http://www.sundownaudio.com/misc/_AMP_POWE...0D/CIMG2498.MOV

* Power Clamp

http://www.sundownaudio.com/misc/_AMP_POWE...0D/CIMG2499.MOV

* Voltage Measurement

---------------

SAE-1200D:

POWER : 1770 Watts

AMP VOLTAGE (measured) : DID NOT MEASURE

AMP CURRENT (calculated) : DID NOT MEASURE

ACTUAL IMPEDANCE (calculated) : DID NOT MEASURE

SUPPLY VOLTAGE : 12.65 V

http://www.sundownaudio.com/misc/_AMP_POWE...0D/CIMG2513.MOV

* Power Clamp

DID NOT MEASURE

* Voltage Measurement

** FUSES BLEW - DID NOT CONTINUE TO MEASURE VOLTAGE

---------------

Originally Posted by wenn_du_weinst

very nice why did the 1200 blow the fuses though?

Because it put out 1770 watts and it's not supposed to!

At that power level it is less efficient than a 1500D (notice it dropped more voltage for less power) so the fuses just popped from over-current.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio
We have 2 legitimate reviews. DB-R who does nothing but repair, fix, and test amps all day for a living and Jacob who also does this for a living.

Cool, links are very informative. The problom is that i have a single sub and it is dvc 4ohm. And im not planning to add another sub. But i was thinking about getting a incriminator audio lethal injection sub, and i can possibly get a dvc 2omh and run 1000 watts using the sundown SAZ-1000.1. But if i get this sub it is later in the future

Everyone agrees to go with Sundown....but it would be nice for someone to try the BRZ line and let us know how they are...wanna be our guinea pig? LOL. Just kidding, but in all honesty, I expect the BRZ to be good, but the Sundown just has to many positives to be turned down

Everyone agrees to go with Sundown....but it would be nice for someone to try the BRZ line and let us know how they are...wanna be our guinea pig? LOL. Just kidding, but in all honesty, I expect the BRZ to be good, but the Sundown just has to many positives to be turned down
The sub i want to power is an 12" L7 kicker dvc 4ohm. So if i was to get the saz-1000D how would that do on a 2 ohm load?? the sub handles 750rms.I have a 01 chevy blazer stock alternator. Big 3 upgrade using 1/0 gauge, yellow optima battery.

don't understand why i have to be an idiot for stating facts
I wouldn't go quite as far as to call names, but I will say those power numbers are useless without some methodology to measure clipping OR a distortion analyzer. I can live with those numbers if they were at 1% THD+N, but if they were at 30%, something is going to give running it that hard on a daily basis.

Sony and Kenwood are CEA appliant, so dont put to much thought into that.
yes, this is true. Id rather have the 2008 or 2010 Bxi series than sony or kenwood tho. Considering that, I feel safe saying that Id also prefer the CEA BRZ to sony and kenwood as well. Cea does not mean much

Well i got a hifonics bxi 1210d and paid $177 brand new on ebay for it and it most definately puts out 900w @ 2 ohms. I blew my kicker cvr15 with it in about a week. And i always heard kicker can handle more than it states. So in my personal opinion I'm a hifonics fan

Well i got a hifonics bxi 1210d and paid $177 brand new on ebay for it and it most definately puts out 900w @ 2 ohms. I blew my kicker cvr15 with it in about a week. And i always heard kicker can handle more than it states. So in my personal opinion I'm a hifonics fan
By your statement it should do 1800@1 then which it doesnt. Sounds like you clipped the **** out of your CVR.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.