Hi Res Music - It's for Real

EQ is not meant to color.
The king of five to ten word enlightenment has spoken. We all learned a lot right there. Care to elaborate and teach soemone else something who might be reading?

I fully agree with you... FULLY. It's like my 4K DVD of Goodfellas... Now I have film grain.... in 4K lol.
Prefect example of why not every file is deserving of a higher resolution format. Some things were improved from going to 4K with that film, but not everything.

With your setup in your sig I will say your opinion. Is not valid. What you are hearing is the cars acoustics.
But that's you in a nutshell, without ever having listened to his setup. You just think you know everything and know better than everyeone, wihtout ever experienceing all the variables and circumstances as everyone else. We all have different abilties and circumstances. Yours must be very limited. Why else would you try so hard to tell so many others that they can't hear what they've said they can hear?

But that's you in a nutshell, without ever having listened to his setup. You just think you know everything and know better than everyeone, wihtout ever experienceing all the variables and circumstances as everyone else. We all have different abilties and circumstances. Yours must be very limited. Why else would you try so hard to tell so many others that they can't hear what they've said they can hear?
Look at his sig. you can’t be this stupid?

Don’t waste your time. Dude thinks we tune flat and can’t even answer basic tuning questions.
"We". The SQ club, lmao. You took that flat remark waay out of context, no I don't think that's what you do as a competitor. In fact, I don't think you could even do it, come to think of it. No way you can achieve +/- 1 dB across the full spectrum.

i state facts, if you think that's trolling oh well. I guess i'm just jealous of your super human hearing ability.
I can see you're threatened by what you perceive as superhuman hearing ability, I'm sorry about that. It's actually just me sharing my experiences to encourage others. You'll gain a sense of security someday and be more complimentary to the community. It comes with time and experience. I'm not aware of any significant facts that you've stated. But again, you're missing the larger point entirely simply to attempt to denounce my abilities and experiences. That's a trolling attempt, yes. Your'e not jealous, you're deflecting.
Why not respond to some of my examples if you want to state facts? I mean, you could cheat and pick the better of the two images, wouldn't be that hard but it would be missing the point again. You could share your experiences with chipsets, tubes and op-amps. But you're not? Because if you have any real experience with those, it would reveal that I do know what I'm talking about and that you actually agree.

Look at his sig. you can’t be this stupid?
He could be sharing experiences from many setups, some that aren't even from his gear, in home or the car, over many years. Why would I assume his only experiences are the ones stemming from that of the gear in his current sig? You can't be this stupid?
Bro, I'm not part of the new age social media, look-at-my-stats facebook shellac crowd that uses sigs as a way to grade or sum up someone. I don't even read sigs to see what people are running, I think it's pointless. This means I have no bias when I talk to someone, how does that make me stupid?

I can see you're threatened by what you perceive as superhuman hearing ability, I'm sorry about that. It's actually just me sharing my experiences to encourage others. You'll gain a sense of security someday and be more complimentary to the community. It comes with time and experience. I'm not aware of any significant facts that you've stated. But again, you're missing the larger point entirely simply to attempt to denounce my abilities and experiences. That's a trolling attempt, yes. Your'e not jealous, you're deflecting.
Why not respond to some of my examples if you want to state facts? I mean, you could cheat and pick the better of the two images, wouldn't be that hard but it would be missing the point again. You could share your experiences with chipsets, tubes and op-amps. But you're not? Because if you have any real experience with those, it would reveal that I do know what I'm talking about and that you actually agree.
My experiences are from professional recording since reel to reel to adat to d2d 24/192 on many different high end interfaces, high end pre-amps, multiple different monitoring scenarios, dozens of different mic types. from live recording acoustic sets, to supervising recording orchestral performances for film and pretty much everything inbetween. The cheapest of the cheap ad, and op-amps might be sometimes distinguishable from the other 90% which is mostly doing math, which don't change much. the rest is all hogwash, i have no problem with people enjoying whatever they enjoy, but when people confuse perception with reality its mind numbing.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.