Hi Res Music - It's for Real

The beliefs are backed up by data. Yours are backed up by whatever you think. Do you want to compete against me? That’s one way to decide who is full of crap.. you can do a build with your magic amps. I promise you will get destroyed.
Oh, data. Compiled by all those measurements, right? Well why didn't you say so? I'm converted!!! I now hang on your every word for the next thing to believe in. Just point to the next graph and corresponding conclusion, and I'll make sure everyeon else stays in line as well. We need the cult to be well behaved.
Yes, that would really stroke your ego, huh. Making a trip to validate your existence and skills. I think the point about me not needing that type of validation sailed right over your big head, long ago. I already know I'm ahead of you simply based on the frequency domain thing that you're hopelessly stuck on. I do this for pure enjoyment of the music, not for proving anything to other men who really need to be in a club and prove themselves over and over. The life of the music exists in other ways than frequency response. Someday you will figure it out.

Meantime, have fun running around and proving yourself. Just about kills the enjoyment doesn't it?

So we have a golden ear here that can hear over 20k... no. No you can’t.

He also has some super human auditory memory.
I love the way you tell me what I can't hear, it's so cute. Do it again?
I suppose if I tell you I can appreciate pitch definition down to 14Hz you will disagree with that as well, right. Because you can't, right?

Oh, data. Compiled by all those measurements, right? Well why didn't you say so? I'm converted!!! I now hang on your every word for the next thing to believe in. Just point to the next graph and corresponding conclusion, and I'll make sure everyeon else stays in line as well. We need the cult to be well behaved.
Yes, that would really stroke your ego, huh. Making a trip to validate your existence and skills. I think the point about me not needing that type of validation sailed right over your big head, long ago. I already know I'm ahead of you simply based on the frequency domain thing that you're hopelessly stuck on. I do this for pure enjoyment of the music, not for proving anything to other men who really need to be in a club and prove themselves over and over. The life of the music exists in other ways than frequency response. Someday you will figure it out.

Meantime, have fun running around and proving yourself. Just about kills the enjoyment doesn't it?
How else you you recreate the material without getting rid of the environment?

How else you you recreate the material without getting rid of the environment?
Bro, I've basically been dropping the biggest clues for you to break out of your self-imposed limitations of frequency response being the last word in good sound, by studying time and phase instead. Not the way that you think you understand it, but in new ways that make you uncomfortable about what you think you know so well. FR response is important but it just isn't the last thing in the science of waveforms, especially when you make it relative to other things.
I'm not always attempting to tell you that you're wrong about everything (though, that's what you do a lot of in various threads), I'm simply coming at you because you don't allow others the possibility of anything besides what you say is possible. You really need to let up and allow for other opinions and possibilities instead of just needing to be right. That's all. You're the only person I treat this way and it's simply to make an effort to offer people an alternative view to yours. Yours is too limited in my humble opinion.

Bro, I've basically been dropping the biggest clues for you to break out of your self-imposed limitations of frequency response being the last word in good sound, by studying time and phase instead. Not the way that you think you understand it, but in new ways that make you uncomfortable about what you think you know so well. FR response is important but it just isn't the last thing in the science of waveforms, especially when you make it relative to other things.
I'm not always attempting to tell you that you're wrong about everything (though, that's what you do a lot of in various threads), I'm simply coming at you because you don't allow others the possibility of anything besides what you say is possible. You really need to let up and allow for other opinions and possibilities instead of just needing to be right. That's all. You're the only person I treat this way and it's simply to make an effort to offer people an alternative view to yours. Yours is too limited in my humble opinion.
Ok. I’m listening. How do you recreate the source material as recorded without fixing the cars natural acoustics? It’s not like a set of cans. You are sitting inside a can.

Did you see my link?
Yes, and it reaffirmed what I already believe based on my experiences in home audio years ago. I remember the hugely expensive magic copper speaker cables that the long gone audio stores used to push on me; promising me vastly improved sound qaulity over the regular priced copper speaker wire. Sadly as a young man I fell for it and even though I couldn’t tell the difference, I somehow believed it anyway and blamed the reason for not hearing the difference on some other weak link in my equipment line.

This business is like the mattress business where the consumer in most cases is buying a blind product. They can’t see or understand what’s inside the box so they have to trust reviews or the reputation of the company and hope for the best. These products often times are overpriced and over promise on what they can deliver. For me, CD qaulity is fine for car audio, and I’m pretty happy with that. The manufactureres that have to sell product and turn a profit though will keep showing us those truncated pretty graphs, and they will try to convince me that I need to have an audio format capable of supporting sound up to 40k Hz, lol. I can barely hear sound above 18k hz now.

If I were to recommend where to put most of your money to get the best sounding system on a budget than I would say, put it into the actual installation like treating the doors, and building a box for a subwoofer that is ideal for the sub being used. Buy good amplifiers, but I would say you do not need to get crazy there. See Bigblank69 videos, for which he is doing a great service to our community there. Get a good HU, and get decent component speakers, or the best you can afford and make sure they are installed correctly and wired correctly with the right amount of clean amplifier power. Make sure your amplifiers have good supply power input, with OFC cable of good quality, and 16 gauge speaker wire or more for subs. Use tuning tools like time alignment, available on most all decent head units. Even better, if you can afford it, use a DSP for tuning. All of these things will have a greater effect on sound quality than the difference between a 320k mp3 vs a lossless file.

So before I get quoted up the *** and flamed; remember that this is just my opinion based on my own experiences over the years. I’m not trying to push this on anyone who doesn’t want to listen. Remember I said that I haven’t actually tried high resolution audio and currently I do not plan to until the prices come down or someone wants to let me audition it on their system. I would love to find a car audio show/meet in my area to have the opportunity to do so but sadly the car audio business seems to be near dead now.

Yes, and it reaffirmed what I already believe based on my experiences in home audio years ago. I remember the hugely expensive magic copper speaker cables that the long gone audio stores used to push on me; promising me vastly improved sound qaulity over the regular priced copper speaker wire. Sadly as a young man I fell for it and even though I couldn’t tell the difference, I somehow believed it anyway and blamed the reason for not hearing the difference on some other weak link in my equipment line.
This business is like the mattress business where the consumer in most cases is buying a blind product. They can’t see or understand what’s inside the box so they have to trust reviews or the reputation of the company and hope for the best. These products often times are overpriced and over promise on what they can deliver. For me, CD qaulity is fine for car audio, and I’m pretty happy with that. The manufactureres that have to sell product and turn a profit though will keep showing us those truncated pretty graphs, and they will try to convince me that I need to have an audio format capable of supporting sound up to 40k Hz, lol. I can barely hear sound above 18k hz now.

If I were to recommend where to put most of your money to get the best sounding system on a budget than I would say, put it into the actual installation like treating the doors, and building a box for a subwoofer that is ideal for the sub being used. Buy good amplifiers, but I would say you do not need to get crazy there. See Bigblank69 videos, for which he is doing a great service to our community there. Get a good HU, and get decent component speakers, or the best you can afford and make sure they are installed correctly and wired correctly with the right amount of clean amplifier power. Make sure your amplifiers have good supply power input, with OFC cable of good quality, and 16 gauge speaker wire or more for subs. Use tuning tools like time alignment, available on most all decent head units. Even better, if you can afford it, use a DSP for tuning. All of these things will have a greater effect on sound quality than the difference between a 320k mp3 vs a lossless file.

So before I get quoted up the *** and flamed; remember that this is just my opinion based on my own experiences over the years. I’m not trying to push this on anyone who doesn’t want to listen. Remember I said that I haven’t actually tried high resolution audio and currently I do not plan to until the prices come down or someone wants to let me audition it on their system. I would love to find a car audio show/meet in my area to have the opportunity to do so but sadly the car audio business seems to be near dead now.
A solid post and many of us really appreciate you taking the time to type it up. It was informative and opinionated without alienating those who may disagree with you on one or more points. You've shared your experience on the matter and allowed for other possibilities so it has added value. I realize my posts in this thread haven't added nearly as much value but this is the point I'm trying to make when I sometimes respond the way I do to others who don't make such allowances because they think they are the shit.

You still didn’t answer this genius. Or do you not even know what this moron is talking about?
Oh, I'm sorry. It sounded like a stupid rhetorical question launched in anger so I skimmed right over it. I didn't realize you actually needed my help.
That shit is basic, son. But you know that because you are currently hard at work on the basics, refining your approach into your next approval session. I was killing that in the 90's when DSP wasn't as cheap or readily available. Believe it or not sweetheart, you can induce phase shift and offset timing with passive components. Ever heard of a ladder or lattice filter? And did you know that back in my days of competing their were guys running full-on passive setups off of a single amplifier with 2 channels? You know dick about passive crossovers so you would have been eaten alive in that time era. Having incredibly powerful sonic tools at our disposal today simply makes it easier for guys like that to shame with you with their practical experience. Feel fortunate that most of us older guys are living real life and not worried about proving anything to you.

Oh, I'm sorry. It sounded like a stupid rhetorical question launched in anger so I skimmed right over it. I didn't realize you actually needed my help.
That shit is basic, son. But you know that because you are currently hard at work on the basics, refining your approach into your next approval session. I was killing that in the 90's when DSP wasn't as cheap or readily available. Believe it or not sweetheart, you can induce phase shift and offset timing with passive components. Ever heard of a ladder or lattice filter? And did you know that back in my days of competing their were guys running full-on passive setups off of a single amplifier with 2 channels? You know dick about passive crossovers so you would have been eaten alive in that time era. Having incredibly powerful sonic tools at our disposal today simply makes it easier for guys like that to shame with you with their practical experience. Feel fortunate that most of us older guys are living real life and not worried about proving anything to you.
Figured. You have no idea what I’m talking about.

I love the way you tell me what I can't hear, it's so cute. Do it again?
I suppose if I tell you I can appreciate pitch definition down to 14Hz you will disagree with that as well, right. Because you can't, right?
i have listened to some B&W signature speakers run off Krell amps and Denon dvd player with over 20khz audio being played, and i could hear over 20khz easily. Not like much is happening in that range, but i could hear it. Test tones up to around 23k is where it fell off for me

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.