Hey Guys, Quick Question

Participant count
  • Participant list

fire919
10+ year member

I'm testing for good ground connection @ my batt and amps....i am using a DMM to do this, the lowest ohms setting on the multimeter is 200 and i have it set there.....now when i test i get a reading of 1.5 @ my batt and amps....is that a good ground...will i have any problems. Thanks in advance.

a quick question but no quick answer. sorry about that.

your DMM isn't accurate enough to measure grounds directly. you need to operate within it's range. for that meter, you should use a resistor as well so you are within the normal range of the meter. a 100 ohm resistor would be perfect. start by measuring the resistor + wire leads directly. then add in the ground resistance and take the difference.

you should measure less than 1 ohm between amp ground terminal and battery negative terminal. less than 0.5 is preferred. note that there will be resistance in the connections between the DMM and the terminals as well, a few tenths at least.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.