Hertz HSK165 - what would you do?

wong05tsx
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Oakland, CA
Got some new used Hertz HSK 165 Components coming in to replace my Phoenix Gold RSD 6.5 comps. (Rest of system see sig)

Amp options:

JL 300/4 (Currently Own)

JL 300/2 (Got someone who would trade me)

Got some shitty rear fill Polk db6500 (I have passengers quite often)

Option 1 -

Keep the JL 300/4, power both the Hertz & Polk, Hertz recieving ~90w RMS, Polks recieving what about 75

Option 2 -

Trade the 300/4 for a 300/2, sell the Polk's and the Hertz will get ~170w RMS

(Keep in mind I have passengers in the rear often)

Note:

-I can't run rears off HU since I've got a custom made harness, gives me 4 RCA channels (FR/FL/RR/RL) to play with.

-I don't have extra money to play with.

-JL and some Rockford/Kicker amps are my only options since I need the Balanced Differential Output technology, offered in all JL amps and only certain RF/K amps

and this is all going into a midsize sedan

Previous owner of the Hertz only ran them them at 80w RMS, so I figured 90w should be okay?

Specs to Hertz - http://www.hertzaudiovideo.com/Doc/pdf_hsk165.pdf (Peak 250, continous 125)

might as well try them since i alreayd paid and its shipping here anyway o_O... supposily an upper tier brand/speakers so i'm expecting a near night and day difference. probably borrow a friends 300/2 to test it

Do you like Hertz HSK165? Give us some reviews.. please
I had them in my car and they sounded awesome. They had a very natural, smooth sound that was easy on the ear and not exaggerated at all. they had some tight punchy midbass and great stage width and depth. They very often made my dashboard seem 15 feet wide and 10 feet deep. and Wong, just make sure to use plenty of dynamat or the midbass will suffer.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.