Hertz hsk165/polk mmc6500

I've got the mmc6500's. I wanna sell em. I like em. but they were in my firebird. I want to sell em and buy these hertz hsk165's. I got some jl w6v2's 2 12's in a trade here locally. And i'm gonna go for a kickin sq system. Got some second skin sludge waiting to be put in. So i'ma do this system the right way this time.

why do they look so shitty
are you going to look or listen?

speakers are great, i cannot find where to buy it in states, but on russians spl forums HV 165 L speaker very recommended as midbass.

for best result you should put it in enclosure.

HV 165 looks better

HV 165 L looks shitty, but sound better

The answer to why the HV165L look crappy...

..."HV 165L and HV 200 have performance-enhancing properties. Their non-pressed paper cones with cotton fibers improve energy transfer at low and mid frequencies thanks to the special density of the material they consist of. "

I had the mmc-6500's and just got a set of cadence CVL-6K comps. IMO They're much higher SQ, and the midbass sounds much less distorted (none at all) at high volume, whereas the Polks began to distort around high-med volume. the basket is a really nice design, too...almost a shame I had to put them in the door. I know that it's not either of the ones you're considering, but the Cadence CVL series is great and if you email this guy jason@cadencesound.com he got me mine for $150 shipped....WAY below the msrp of ~$500. Just a thought...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.