Hertz millie pro crossovers

Participant count
  • Participant list

Poppinjay

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi,

I have finally had my front end speakers setup fully active in network mode on a Pioneer AVH unit using the Hertz ML Power 4 to run them

tweeters are MP2.5
Woofers are MP165.3

Currently the crossovers and slopes are per below

Highs 2.5k -12db slope
Mid HP 2.5k - 12db slope
Mid LP 100hz - 12db slope

If anyone has these speakers and can help with any suggestions it would be apreciated if there wrong.

I also have a sub, but just trying to get the best out of the fronts now there time aligned

Thanks

Last edited:
Will you be using hu or an independent dsp?
Hi,
I am using the Pioneer Network mode rather than an independant DSP.

I have seen online some people set tweeters to -24db and I suppose I want to see what crossovers sound best, but not certain what crossovers/slopes are safe to try to choose what may sound best for the sound stage.

I am under the impression whatever I change on the tweeters I match on the mid LP setting?

Hi,
I am using the Pioneer Network mode rather than an independant DSP.

I have seen online some people set tweeters to -24db and I suppose I want to see what crossovers sound best, but not certain what crossovers/slopes are safe to try to choose what may sound best for the sound stage.

I am under the impression whatever I change on the tweeters I match on the mid LP setting?
If the specs for the tweeters example says 120w @ 2.5k 12db am i right to think its safe to use say 3 or 4k, but not go down further like 2k? I suppose thats my question on the highs. The mids are fairly self explanatory

I’d believe if a recommendation is made about a power level within set frequency I’d use that and allow the crossover to do its job. I’m not familiar w slope but frequency roll off and transitioning cleanly and effectively comes from allowing each group to play their full range then as it rolls off to the next frequency “range” that group picks up and plays that range. A sub really has no directional waves. They radiate which allows it to fill the cabin but not seem like it’s coming from a specific area. Set the frequencies to overlap a teeny bit to be sure there’s no gaps.
To reference your earlier question, use the hu dsp to change the listening position. Front left, right, width of sound stage front and rear. Those basic adjustments have specific “alignment” times. If you’re able to adjust from there, definitely try it. On my jvc I can set to what sounds good then take, for example, the rear left and increase or decrease that time delay which affects the sound stage. I considered a dsp but the hu one is good for my entry level abilities. Having 4000 adjustments to make I’d be lost and frustrated.

Thanks for the detailed response.

So to crossover slighty maybe set the mid at 3k if set at 2.5k on highs to allow a bit of run off

Thanks. I changed them to 3.15k as I cant get 3.5k on the HU on the highs and mid lpf and its alot less harsh, so all good now for my listening.

Thanks for all the help

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...