Hertz 165s

nope cuz im also a focal dealer, avi dealer, arc audio dealer but i know for the price the mlk's are well worth it. btw morel just closed down one of their distributor cuz things arent going great for them
Don't get me wrong, the MLKs are very nice... I would put them in my top 5 favorite component sets any day. I am just saying he should consider the Dotech as well. Hearing both in the same vehicle, with the same power, I can say both have their upside. Even though you are a dealer etc etc have you REALLY heard what they have to offer right next to a dotech set? Im gonna say no since you keep referring to car audio review etc... I am talking from real experiences here. BACK TO BACK both have advantages and disadvantages.

i have heard morels not a fan of it midbass pretty good tweeter ***** in my opinion heard plenty of them and thats morels downfall
ok //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif... If you ever come to Houston you give me a call.

If you think Morel's tweeters are their downfall, you have a long way to go buddy.

that is my dream front stage!!! Fawk yeah, they will sound good.
These are my next step... but definitely not "dream". I want a 3-way active front stage //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Don't get me wrong, the MLKs are very nice... I would put them in my top 5 favorite component sets any day. I am just saying he should consider the Dotech as well. Hearing both in the same vehicle, with the same power, I can say both have their upside. Even though you are a dealer etc etc have you REALLY heard what they have to offer right next to a dotech set? Im gonna say no since you keep referring to car audio review etc... I am talking from real experiences here. BACK TO BACK both have advantages and disadvantages.
Whats the the advantages/disadvantages of the Morels compared to the MLK's???

nope cuz im also a focal dealer, avi dealer, arc audio dealer but i know for the price the mlk's are well worth it. btw morel just closed down one of their distributor cuz things arent going great for them
oh really? dammm ...i put the Ultimo sub on my wish list next for next year hahah.

Get a set of focal Utopia no.7 and call it a day //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif hahahaha //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif

I'll vote for MLK 165, with proper install and the right amp and power, it'll get real good, mid and tweeters are very natural for my tastes. Of course midbass is darn strong, so i put 2 layers of dynamat on my doors now.

I heard the MLK165s and the midbass was great.
I have also heard them and I too was impressed by the mid bass. It was low and solid, but I also noticed that the midrange wasn't as good. For the price of the MLKs I would suggest a set of K2Ps. The low end is great and the clarity and detail of the midrange is hard to beat.

Oh and they can get loud just make sure you seal the doors really good front and back.

Yea I just got my K2P's and I'm in the break in process (Focal recommends 3 weeks!) I'm listening to my music at a medium level and so far the highs are so loud and clear they blow away my old c5s. I have about the same amount of midbass (doors deadened) and I can't wait for them to fully loosen up. I want more midbass!

Yea I just got my K2P's and I'm in the break in process (Focal recommends 3 weeks!) I'm listening to my music at a medium level and so far the highs are so loud and clear they blow away my old c5s. I have about the same amount of midbass (doors deadened) and I can't wait for them to fully loosen up. I want more midbass!
Yea they need about 20 hours of play time to break in. I noticed a subtle increase in SQ not much but definitely noticeable. After that it's pure audio heaven.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i have heard morels not a fan of it midbass pretty good tweeter ***** in my opinion heard plenty of them and thats morels downfall
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif

LOL....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.