heres my $250 system, how will it sound?

moturbopar
10+ year member

az
Hi all, I have put together a cheap system for my 75 duster. I set a budget of $300 and so far have spent just under $250! I am not sure its not going to impress many people here but I hop it sounds pretty good. Anyways, the system is a sony head unit 10disc changer. Speakers are infinity 6000cs in the kicks, powered by 60rms x 2 power acoustik amp. midbass are some kicker 6.5 resolutions (i think) in front door corners powered by a MTX 55rms x 2, 1 orion 8" cobalt SVCs powered by coustic amp 125rms x1 and an orion xtr 12" powered by coustic 220rms x1 amp. and a coustic xm-3 controles the amps. I will be adding sound deadener (not cheap!!! blows the $300 budget) to the car in the beginning of next year when its pulled apart for painting. the woofers will be in sealed enclosured, for tighter bass responce. So what do you think? Is there anything wrong I am doing here? anyways, thanks for listening!

Hi, I am running 4 guage power to a distributuion block and 8 guage wire goes from it to each amp amp. the battery, which is in the trunk so its not too long of wire :) as for the speaker wire its all orion wired 10 guage. I know its over kill for the power going to the speakers, but I got it for a killer price. I am also wondering about a capacitor? do you think that its neede for this setup? I am worrid about the alternator keeping up since its only 90 amp. I am planning a 160amp when the new engine goes in.

Thanks

Shawn

You should be fine as far as the altenator goes. If you notice any dimming I would look into replacing your big 3. If you do decide to get a cap you would need 1 cap per every 1000 watts.

Hi all, I have put together a cheap system for my 75 duster. I set a budget of $300 and so far have spent just under $250! I am not sure its not going to impress many people here but I hop it sounds pretty good. Anyways, the system is a sony head unit 10disc changer. Speakers are infinity 6000cs in the kicks, powered by 60rms x 2 power acoustik amp. midbass are some kicker 6.5 resolutions (i think) in front door corners powered by a MTX 55rms x 2, 1 orion 8" cobalt SVCs powered by coustic amp 125rms x1 and an orion xtr 12" powered by coustic 220rms x1 amp. and a coustic xm-3 controles the amps. I will be adding sound deadener (not cheap!!! blows the $300 budget) to the car in the beginning of next year when its pulled apart for painting. the woofers will be in sealed enclosured, for tighter bass responce. So what do you think? Is there anything wrong I am doing here? anyways, thanks for listening!

dude, you got some decent stuff for 250 bucks, all decent name brands, i was lookin for some lanzar and sony for 250 haha, later

thanks guys! I tried my best, to find deals. I purchased alot of this stuff from ebay, in wich everything I purchased works awesome. Next Is the fun part of installing everything! This should take a good weekend or two to get it done.

Later

Shawn

ya, your system sounds good for 250. The only thing that is bad in your whole setup is the amps,otherwise than that goodjob gettin all that for under 300

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.