Here we go again

BDIDDY
10+ year member

Sittin' Slick
Tennessee
I am thinking of trading my brahma for 2 12" L7's. My dad is a little weary of this and he just wants me to get another brahma. My question is would the L7's be louder than my single B12? My B12 is getting 800 rms now and if I had the L7's they would get 800 each as well. Box is about 4 cuft for the B12 and I can go all the way up to 7 or 8 for the L7's. I just want to know what is louder and if there will be a big difference in SPL. SQ doesnt matter to me.

Thanks for the replies and help

yea and those 12" L7's are like round 15"s. of course with double the wattage those L7's will be louder. cuz i already know u can make an install. but if u wanted a sweet sounding system then i would want another brahma. 2 brahma's would be awesum. but if spl is all u want then u know the answer.

word to jbl_marshall i have to L7 12's ina 8cu. vented box and i rattle my school to hell in the parking lot but for SQ go with brahma-for BASS Solo-B's baby :]

cuz i already know u can make an install.

What does that mean? And also would there be an actual difference in SPL between the two of these. I would like an actual difference because if not I will just get another Brahma.

Thanks for the help

i meant by when i said u can do an install is that all of us that hang around here at ca.com aren't gonna be putting a brahma in a bandpass or in too small of a box or whatever.

yea u should be able to tell the difference for the most part between an L7 and a brahma. i am pretty darn sure the L7 could out bump the brahma if ur putting them in the same install.

The L7's do very well in the SPL lanes, but don't count out the Brahmas. The Brahmas, set up properly, would be very similar in SPL output. And it is always cool to have something a little different than the norm. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

honestly bdiddy, I would rather get another brahma and have two brahmas rather then two L7s, two brahmas with the same power as the two L7s would kill the L7s in spl and sq, just because the brahmas have much more xmax then the L7s.

later

cmon your kidding right the L7 will definitly out perform the brahma in spl hands down box for box and power for power and i wouldnt count out the L7 for sound quality in the "right box" they sound good and hit hard L7s all the way.

let me rephrase that, not kill but keep up, ive owned both and both are really good subs. I dont care what anybody says about L7s not having good sq, they sound very nice in the right intall...

later

cmon your kidding right the L7 will definitly out perform the brahma in spl hands down box for box and power for power and i wouldnt count out the L7 for sound quality in the "right box" they sound good and hit hard L7s all the way.

Explain yourself.

Are you talking about a single L7 up against a single Brahma?

The Brahma will outdisplace it by a good margain...

John...you're not smart. Don't act it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.