• Thread starter <dontknowjackshit>
  • Start date
  • Replies 14
  • Views 2K
    Participant count
  • Participant list
&

<dontknowjackshit>

what can i put in my reg. cab chevy fullsize truck. I want to put two 12's and i need to know what all i can use and **** like that casue i want my system to knock hard but not spend a bunch of money. ex. when i pull up beside someone i want them to feel me and hear me and when im going past a house or something i want to shake the windoews and ****.

first you need to get spell check or go back to school because you can't spell for ****. second of all it's not ideal to put a system in your vehicle to go around and shake people's WINDOWS. that's a pretty stupid thing to say. you know some people have kids and jobs. a neighborhood is not an appropriate place to display your system.

*claps* Wow, I like when you actually get the people on who understand that you don't put 1 grand and up into a car so that other people can go wow....its all about you...who gives a **** about other people being like WOW, I mean if that is all your after...get an old ice cream truck....those are loud too....but some subs outside of the roof or something. Then you will be slammin!

I wouldn't be so hard on him. Loud systems are like many sports cars, it's good for the ego. You're showing that you can afford a loud sound system when others can't, thus increasing your status in society. I drive around with my system bangin' and I get people on the side of the road dancing, which is a good feeling. Granted I don't listen to gangsta rap where ever other word is "****," but hey. It's cool to show off. But I certainly would not recommend pounding a system in some clost-knit neighborhood. Not a good idea, end up with neighbors trying to stab screwdrivers through your subs. And now that my political statement is through, for that truck I would recommend against 12's. To hard to fir in stard cab pickups. I had an old f-150 and it was a freakin' ***** to get the 3 12's I bought in that thing. I also had to push the seat way up, sooo, bad idea. 10's would be ideal. Get some nice Alpine 10's, and power them with a Jensen or Kenwood amp. You might even be able to find prebuilt boxes that will fit. Hope that helps.

Originally posted by :what can i put in my reg. cab chevy fullsize truck. I want to put two 12's and i need to know what all i can use and **** like that casue i want my system to knock hard but not spend a bunch of money. ex. when i pull up beside someone i want them to feel me and hear me and when im going past a house or something i want to shake the windoews and ****.
Firstly, I would strongly urge you to be a little more responsible with your system. Not everyone wants to hear it. Your have a right to own a system, however, other people have a right NOT to hear it. Loud stereos do more harm to this sport than good, and will ultimately be the end of the aftermarket stereo world if more responsibility is not shown by us audiophiles.

Now that I am done playing "dad," lets get to your question.

Your truck is a very good foundation for an awesome stereo set up. There are several options available for very impressive, and also hard hitting bass (that you can enjoy.) What we need is a starting point- what are you looking to spend overall. Will this be just for subs/amp/enclosure or the entire system?

Let us know and we can steer you into the right direction.

Take it easy,

-zane

Originally posted by big daddy bass:first you need to get spell check or go back to school because you can't spell for ****. second of all it's not ideal to put a system in your vehicle to go around and shake people's WINDOWS. that's a pretty stupid thing to say. you know some people have kids and jobs. a neighborhood is not an appropriate place to display your system.
hey **** my dick u old man i mean **** u come on here sayin ^ look up and read what u said. i didnt find **** worng wit mi speling and **** u stupid mother****er.

Originally posted by Pl8er:*claps* Wow, I like when you actually get the people on who understand that you don't put 1 grand and up into a car so that other people can go wow....its all about you...who gives a **** about other people being like WOW, I mean if that is all your after...get an old ice cream truck....those are loud too....but some subs outside of the roof or something. Then you will be slammin!
man i all i wanted to know is what i typed and u come on here runin ur ****in mouth to me ans all that **** *****. i dont live very far from u and u had better watch out.

Originally posted by locomc:I wouldn't be so hard on him. Loud systems are like many sports cars, it's good for the ego. You're showing that you can afford a loud sound system when others can't, thus increasing your status in society. I drive around with my system bangin' and I get people on the side of the road dancing, which is a good feeling. Granted I don't listen to gangsta rap where ever other word is "****," but hey. It's cool to show off. But I certainly would not recommend pounding a system in some clost-knit neighborhood. Not a good idea, end up with neighbors trying to stab screwdrivers through your subs. And now that my political statement is through, for that truck I would recommend against 12's. To hard to fir in stard cab pickups. I had an old f-150 and it was a freakin' ***** to get the 3 12's I bought in that thing. I also had to push the seat way up, sooo, bad idea. 10's would be ideal. Get some nice Alpine 10's, and power them with a Jensen or Kenwood amp. You might even be able to find prebuilt boxes that will fit. Hope that helps.
i dont live in a neighbor hood and **** and they dont care what goes on where i live at and one of my friends had an old cavalier and i was in my granpas house and i was in there pissin and i could hear him comin and when he was in front of the house he shook the windows. all i want to know is what i typed

Originally posted by zane:

Firstly, I would strongly urge you to be a little more responsible with your system. Not everyone wants to hear it. Your have a right to own a system, however, other people have a right NOT to hear it. Loud stereos do more harm to this sport than good, and will ultimately be the end of the aftermarket stereo world if more responsibility is not shown by us audiophiles.

Now that I am done playing "dad," lets get to your question.

Your truck is a very good foundation for an awesome stereo set up. There are several options available for very impressive, and also hard hitting bass (that you can enjoy.) What we need is a starting point- what are you looking to spend overall. Will this be just for subs/amp/enclosure or the entire system?

Let us know and we can steer you into the right direction.

Take it easy,

-zane
where i live at they dont care. all i want to know is what brands and **** and what will work and everything for what i want the ****in syste,m to do.

I have a '92 GMC full size single cab, and I have two 12" Kicker Comp VRs behind my seat, pushed by a Fosgate Power bd500.1. It sounds great, and yes, it shakes windows. I'll try to post pics on here in a minute...

Look dude. I'm osrry if I offended you, really. I'm just tyring to keep people out of trouble. I have nothing against systems, but I know that some cops out there do. there are Police organizations who actually arm their cruisers with remote DB meters so to know when to pull people over. I've gotten stopped before and I just want to make sure no one gets any tickets, which is just dumb if you're not speeding.

First of all- everyone calm down, cursing up a storm has no place on this forum or in car audio.

Intelligent conversation/discussion is what we are here for. If anyone has a problem with this, you know where the door is. Clear your cookies and move on.

Originally posted by :

where i live at they dont care. all i want to know is what brands and **** and what will work and everything for what i want the ****in syste,m to do.
Now, Concerning the issue at hand. I will honestly bet you the people do care. I am also telling you flat out that as an active USAC and IASCA competitor- I do care. Try to put three young children to sleep with windows rattling and bass galore and then tell me that no one cares. As I have said before, mis-use of a stereo in this fashion only hurts the car audio industry and is sealing its demise. The more people that complain, the sooner Aftermarket car audio will be outlawed. This is also why there are noise ordinance laws.

How many times have you seen Alma Gates driving her bronco arround blasting the stereo?

None.

By the way, in case you are wondering, Alma Gates Holds the World Record for SPL competition at well over 178db.

Take a quote from Reknown Car Audio Technical Columnist Perry Babin:

"Please 'Boom' Responsibly!

As most of you have noticed, the noise ordinances have become much tougher lately. Most of this is due to idiots, yes IDIOTS, who drive through residential areas with their windows down while their system is playing at full power. To make things worse, the music they listen to has all sorts of foul language that's not suitable for small children, (who may be playing outside). There are even a few people, who are even beyond idiot status, that play their systems at full power through residential areas after 10:00 PM (when many people go to bed). I don't believe that this type of behavior is good for the industry. If the fines get too stiff, people will stop buying large systems. If this happens, more people will get out of car audio (who wants a mediocre system). People get interested in things because they're exciting. A deck and four 6.5" speakers are not going to interest many of the younger car audio enthusiasts. If car audio enthusiasts keep annoying more and more people, the fines will keep getting tougher. All of this will only reduce interest in the equipment that fuels the industry. If you want to listen to your system at full volume, get out on the highway where there's little chance of bothering anyone. When you get to a red light, turn it down. If the only thing attractive about you is your 'system', you have some work to do. Bottom line... Think about what you're doing. Think about other people. It's not the end of the world if you have to turn the volume down for a little while...."

You should be full aware that this all is comming from someone who once had 4 15" subs in a wall in thier car.

Consitantly I hit 156.6db

I could have gone higher with more power.

The citations and complaints are merely a starting point and relatively minor, wait until they impound the vehicle and detain your system for multiple offences of disturbing the peace. Check your local laws and ordinances, I will guarantee you will find that law enforcement officials have the right to do just that.

On a final note, I am not telling you this to discourage you from getting a decent system. I am telling you this for the good of the car audio sport. While you may not like what I have to say, it is the truth.

"For every action, there is an equally opposite reaction...."

Take it easy,

-zane

Administrator

Soundwaves Car Stereo

[ 12-23-2001: Message edited by: zane ]

look people all i wantd to know is what would fit in the truck and what would pound and eveyone comes on here acting like dads and **** and u r not helping me any so if u could just answer the question i asked at the begining then we could maybe get along aight. lata

all right sorry to come across as a prick but i have kids and when people come down my street bumping their system and wakeing my kids up it's not cool. now back to your system i would go against 12's to much space. a friend of mine had a regular size cab he had three jl 10w3's and it hit hard. i think all together he spent around 500 or 600 but he did not buy it all at once.you wont need a monster amp to push those 10's so that will save you some money. i would agree on a kenwood amp good product for the price.

Originally posted by :look people all i wantd to know is what would fit in the truck and what would pound and eveyone comes on here acting like dads and **** and u r not helping me any so if u could just answer the question i asked at the begining then we could maybe get along aight. lata
I fully understand this. What you are failing to understand is that mutual respect for other members of the community is necessary. The car audio industry is allready shunned by most people due to a common mis-conception; that all people into car audio are just the noisy irresponsible punks that play loud music and disturb others. I for one do not like that stereotype, therefore I am trying to educate others of the sport more, assuring them that the sport has nothing to do with those select few "annoying" people that play thier systems disrespectfully. It needs to be known to the general public that those serious, and with any respect for the sport, are the ones that may have an amazing SPL or SQ system, however play it for thier enjoyment, for themselves, not for the rest of the neighborhood.

Serious enthusiasts respect the rights of other people, and are often more knowledgeable of the equipment, and the install than those simply out to impress others. Fact of the matter is, you only think you are impressing people. I will show you 20 annoyed people to every 1 impressed person if you care to take me up on this matter. I assure you, finding 20 annoyed people will be significantly easier.

Car Audio is just like any other sport, you must have respect for the equipment, and the others arround you.

Its called sportsmanship.

Take it easy,

-zane

Administrator

Soundwaves Car Stereo

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.