Help!

Participant count
  • Participant list

filekidb

CarAudio.com Newbie
Ive always had basic know how on car audio never taken it to this level. I recently been on a car audio mission. I dont want to waste my time. I need help. What should i do from here? Its nice and messy!#
ALTs
Js alternator 250
Ebay 250
BATTS
Xs d7500
Xs d3100
2 xs d3400
Maxweell superbank
Power acustik 30 farad capacitor (interior speakers?)
2 xv2 Sundowns 10 and NS5 10s
3500 sundown amp and 2 5k amps for ns5

These are things i have installed/ sitting in frony of me. Reading things that made me hesitate in Wonder maybe I might be ******* things up but for instance I should run another JS alternator so I can run those in parallel. I have a friend that says I have to get a battery isolator which I don't think it's true. There's a lot of money invested beginning to have a lot of time and I figured I'd just get on the form and see what guys who have more experience have to say.
I thought about having one alternator just run the car and interior speakers and then the other alternator run into Subs. But it seems like I really should just get another Js alternator and run those in parallel I just want to make this more efficient

Well for one don't mix and match subwoofers. Either run the 2 X 10s or the 2 NSv5 10s. Not both.
Get rid of the PA capacitor.
If you have a dual alternator bracket you might as well run both alts since you already have them.
No you don't need an isolator to run dual alts.

Ok. As for the batteries which one should i place under the hood then if it matters which in what configuration. Think
I dont have a alt bracket we welded one in based off my other pulley. I heard or thought i read that alternators to be ran in parallel they need to be exactly the same. (same manufacturer off same belt same amp output) is this true???
One was going to be dedicated for the car the other was going to be for the system. Ive seen the dual alt brackets they're pretty slick and ill fabricate one up if that's the case above.

As for battery placement whatever fits under the hood. Doesn't really matter as they are all AGMs.

No you can run different alternators in the same setup.

IMO It would be pointless to have an alt dedicated to just stereo unless you were running a 16 volt setup for the stereo.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...