Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

jguti92
10+ year member

FLORIDA
ok so my amps cut in and out lately (2 alpine m500) but they would always come back on before i got home to do the rca test with 3.5 mm jack to the ipod to check if it was the amps. and they cut out tonight but this time i was able to do the test and the sub didn't play i turned the amps off then turned them back on and it worked for like 3 secs and cut off again.. any ideas? help?! really hope that the amps are broken.... and i know its not thermal cause the amps were cool not warm when they cut out....

yeah there good but my grounds are being grounded to my back seat and i dont think its touching the frame. could that be my problem should i redo my groud to another spot?

That doesnt sound like a could enough ground. When in doubt 9 times out of ten its usually a ground or some other wiring issue

ok i will redo my grounds today hopefuly i find another spot that will work. it worked for 3 months with no problem until the summer hit all this has started to happen

recheck all your connections a lot of times the connections at the amp work themselves loose and not only does your amp heat so will your wires and your terminals can burn also

yeah there good but my grounds are being grounded to my back seat and i dont think its touching the frame. could that be my problem should i redo my groud to another spot?
facepalm.gif

yeah im pretty sure this is your problem here.....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.