Help

Participant count
  • Participant list

Joes

Canada
Mabey someone can help me, this is what i got, 2 BOSS 12inch 300watt 3 ohm subs in one box, 210 by 2 BOSS amp, jensen 4inch 75 watts in the front and Koss 6&9s 150 watt in the back, my two subs are facing the back seat in the trunk, i drive a 1987 buick somerset, my deck is 52.5 by 4, my problems are that the fuse in my amp is melting, and is it a good thing for people to here your bass from the outside, if so then how can i do this, and is there something you can use for deadner that is cheap, And when i face my subs away from the back seats i cant really hear the bass from inside, would deadner help this?, My equip is kinda old, I was wonering if mabey my box is to small or is my equipment, Help Thanks joe

what kind of box is it (bandpass, hatchback...)

i have my box in my 1983 toyota cressida facing up into the rear deck and my bass is almost earsplitting inside.

so your box is like 4" across on top and slanted down the front where the subs are mounted? is it ported or sealed?

I used to have a box like that, i hated it so i sold it and built my own. if you don't want to deal with buying or building another box you can lay it down on its back that way the seat isn't acting as a damper then your whole trunk is also a box in a way.

Waht does ported of sealed mean, so lay my box on its back, while it sound good from the inside?, i want it to shake my insides.

ported means that you have one or more holes in your box where air comes out when the bass thumps. sealed means you don't.

if you want it to shake your insides then i suggest getting a much better box. EG. a bigger ported box will help you put out lots of sound. if you have money to play with i would get someone else to build a box for you. thats just my opinion

this helps ya

If you have the subwoofers specs for a box, check and see if your current box matches up. The enclosure for subs is very important. Otherwise, I'm sure if you got a new one that matched the specs you would notice a drastic change in sound quality and loudness. I've also heard that sealed boxes typically can have better sound quality, and ported boxes typically are louder with less sound quality. However, I'm sure if you made a really good sealed or ported, you could get both. That's just my logical thinking however. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Did we start up amateur hour? No it is not a good thing for your sound to be heard mostly outside of your vehicle. That means all of the money (and you did not spend much), but all of your money invested in sound is going to waste so you can not hear it properly and with a good quality so you can splash it out and around to everyone else. Next thing is why would you want to spend money on deadener? You are wanting to waste the music on other people and outside of your vehicle than inside from the sounds of it. Deadener would only hinder that problem you have. As for your fuse melting? That is a whole other issue and why you should not go to the pawn shop to buy amplifiers, but you can check to make sure your ground is properly done and your not getting too many spikes of energy to the amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.