Help with wiring?!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

Mechanic_Will

Hello, I'm Will. I'm from eastern NC. I drive a 2002 gmc Sonoma extended cab. Right now my current setup is 2 12" Memphis audio Mojos powered by a single channel 2000 watt earthquake amp. I need a lot of help on the wiring. I have an 8 gauge power and ground wire with an 80amp fuse. I'm using like tv rca cable for the sound cables to the amp. My speaker wires are 18 gauge. I need help to get the most out of my speakers. Please help!!

Starting off definitely move to 4ga or 0 if you can for your power wire. I would do 8-12ga for your speaker wire from your amp to subs. RCA's im not 100% sure which to get..
@mylows10; can help you. Great dealer to work with on everything.

Alright so a 4 gauge wire would probably be an alright choice to power the amp? I do feel like I'm not getting even close to the power it should be producing. And also how should I wire the two speakers to the amp to get the most power there? It's wired as a jumper right now. I have one wire going to one speaker and the other speaker is wired directly from that speaker. Not two wires to the amp. Thanks!

Alright so a 4 gauge wire would probably be an alright choice to power the amp? I do feel like I'm not getting even close to the power it should be producing. And also how should I wire the two speakers to the amp to get the most power there? It's wired as a jumper right now. I have one wire going to one speaker and the other speaker is wired directly from that speaker. Not two wires to the amp. Thanks!
If you can run 0 definitely do it. But with that amp you may need some 0 gauge reducers so they'll fit in the terminals. Always go with the biggest wire you can. But I would do nothing less than 4ga. Also Bridge them. Run both pos and both neg from the speakers to the amp.

Alright so if I can go 0, go 0? Got it. And bridge it? Alright I got a new 12 gauge speaker wire so I'll use that to redo the speaker wires. Thanks! Also, my box isn't producing a lot of air out of the vent hole? I think it's got a stupid design. The speaker portion is almost all the way enclosed. The air has to come all the way to the top of the speaker side, then back all the way down then go up out of the vent hole. Should I cut out the speaker hole so it can release more air or? Just let me know! Thanks!!

Can someone get me a wiring diagram to get the maximum power out of my earthquake 2000watt single channel 0-1 ohm amp. I have two Memphis audio mojo 4 ohm subs. what's the best way to wire them?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.