Help with whine, yes I searched and read a lot

luke32303
10+ year member

I can't figure out why I am getting this high pitched whine through all my speakers, particularly the tweeters. I have a 1001 BD (RF) and and Punch 200. When I first installed it all (2 weeks ago), the whine did not exist. Then it started to happen, but if I jiggled the amp cover over the 1001 BD (which is the sub amp) where the power wires run through (out of sight), the whine would go away. This means that it is fixable, and doesn't require a noise filter. I tried reconnecting the ground wires to the sub amp thinking the connection might be bad or loose, and that did nothing. Now if I jiggle the cover, the whine doesn't change, it continues. This pitch of the whine increases with rpm. RCAs and power wires are on opposite sides, RCAs being on the passenger side.

Any help on this would be appreciated, Im fed up. This is in a 2000 ford ranger, Pics are in my gallery. Im at a loss...

remove HU and amp grounds, clean them - scrape off any excess paint, rust, ect. reconnect. Should fix it.

alt. whine usually equals a bad ground.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

remove HU and amp grounds, clean them - scrape off any excess paint, rust, ect. reconnect. Should fix it.
alt. whine usually equals a bad ground.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
x210 chars

Install isn't old enough to have rust. I just put this **** in. It has to be something around the sub amp or external powered crossover. Would having a 2 G wire about 6 inches away form the crossover cause any noise. The power wire and ground are close, but not touching the crossover.

Dude, listen to me. Alt whine is caused by a faulty ground. Not the RCA's and power wires being to close. That's a myth. Move both your HU and amp grounds to another location. Before you connect and secure them, please clean the area either by sanding, grinding, or scraping nything away from the area. You need a good, CLEAN metal contact area.

9 out of 10 times it is a grounding problem........check the ground on your amps, headunit and the crossover you mentioned. As DbFan mentioned, scrap away all paint, grease, etc etc. Make sure the bolts are tight. Try moving the grounding location. Move your headunit to it's own ground spot (or even run it directly back to the battery if you would like) because most of the time the factory spot it shared with other car accessories.

9 out of 10 times it is a grounding problem........check the ground on your amps, headunit and the crossover you mentioned. As DbFan mentioned, scrap away all paint, grease, etc etc. Make sure the bolts are tight. Try moving the grounding location. Move your headunit to it's own ground spot (or even run it directly back to the battery if you would like) because most of the time the factory spot it shared with other car accessories.
Thats true, all true.you changed your sig !

hey, you changed your sig !
Yeah......you likey //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

As much as I liked the songs I had quoted, I really got tired of saying the same things over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. Although the stupid thing limits you to 700 characters, otherwise I could have gone on for a page or two //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Yeah......you likey //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
As much as I liked the songs I had quoted, I really got tired of saying the same things over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. Although the stupid thing limits you to 700 characters, otherwise I could have gone on for a page or two //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
Actually i do like it.Its so true about saying things over and over again.

and what do you think of ground loop isolators, like wallmart sells? do they work, are there any bad side effects?, cause i checked all my grounds with a meter and they are all fine, but still got the whine, so im thinkin of ising those isolators that walmart sells, but theyr like 12 bucks...bummer

and what do you think of ground loop isolators, like wallmart sells? do they work, are there any bad side effects?, cause i checked all my grounds with a meter and they are all fine, but still got the whine, so im thinkin of ising those isolators that walmart sells, but theyr like 12 bucks...bummer
1. how big is the alt on a taurus ?2. Ground Loop Isolators= bandaid on the problem

I said...

alt. whine usually equals a bad ground.
..............//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/bowdown.gif.b85b23b82970bd22fb6b549c3392f016.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/chicken.gif.218ea7401db50d5e31a7e0b37e05e21e.gif

my taurus is a 92 SHO model so its 90 amps for the alt im pretty sure, and if all the ground connections are good with a meter then how will regrinding them help out, and they may be a bandaid, but do those isolators do any harm, like lower signal quality or whatever?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.