Help with UTV system.

Participant count
  • Participant list

outlawed

usa
hey guys, i need some advice on my system in a UTV.

this is an open enviroment, not in an enclosed cab. charging system and battery is limited. components are subject to harsh abuse, getting beat around, sun, wet,, hot cold, ect. space is limited.

what i have now is a fusion marine 700 head unit with built in ipod dock, 2, polk db651 and 2 polk db691 and a rockford fosgate r125-2 amp, which i just fried due to being submersed.

i would like this thing to sound decent without spending a lot of money since it will be subject to getting trashed.

i bought a polk dxi104dc sub. can i put that in a small non ported box and get some benifit out of it? or is there another sub that would better suite my needs or have better sound in the open enviroment for a decent price?

can i run a single 4 channel amp and power my polk speakers and the polk sub? how small of amp can i run and still give the sub the power it needs? any reccomendations on an amp thats cheap enough to trash? what do i need to look for in an amp?

thanks

Look at the jbl ma6004 marine amp. Wire one 6.5 and one 6x9 to 2 ohm for each of the front ch then bridge back two for sub. I have used the 2 ch version of this amp to run a set of db691's then later a 12" Polk sub.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.