Ice Chest Cooler Stereo

i made some about 10 years ago. i did 2 5.25" outdoor speakers in a 30 gallon ice chest with a marine cd player plugged to an optima blue top.

I want to make a couple more since technology has changed and it's a lot easier to make one with smaller components.

I would imagine it would last long enough for anyone.

My golf cart runs on one 12v marine battery and its never died on me at shows or anywhere.

Its powering an Alpine PDX 5 channel that powers 4 BA SC 6.5 coaxs and one 8" L7

I built one, no subs or amps just hu, and speaks, I used a kinetic 800 batt, I could go for about 6-8hours near full tilt with no problem

I build a lot of ice chest radios. I just joined to get some info on some of the ideas I have. I don't want to step on any toes by mentioning names but there is a forum that is dedicated to cooler radios.

Saw a guy at Mardi Gras that had one. I could legit hear it from 2 blocks away. He had solar panels on the top of it charging the battery. He was going for a good 8-10 hours on fill tilt.

Solar panels on a cooler are a joke. They don't put out enough juice to keep a battery charged. I use a 35ah SLA battery in my cooler and with my kenwood amp pushing a pair of 6x9's it will run at 3/4 volume for at least 8hrs.

I build a lot of ice chest radios. I just joined to get some info on some of the ideas I have. I don't want to step on any toes by mentioning names but there is a forum that is dedicated to cooler radios.
What is the forum? Just curious lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.