Help With Tweeter Crossover

Participant count
  • Participant list
They are in a box, technically. I sealed off the doors to the point where they're practically sealed tight, and air can't move out.
For all intents and purposes that's like running those infinite baffle. I meant a box like some of the DIY bookshelf or subwoofer cabinet projects for these where they'd be in like 1/4 cubic foot or some small airspace that would control the cone.

For all intents and purposes that's like running those infinite baffle. I meant a box like some of the DIY bookshelf or subwoofer cabinet projects for these where they'd be in like 1/4 cubic foot or some small airspace that would control the cone.

Hm... so for some reason I still can't get my midbass woofers to sound any good. the rest of the system is great but right now all I can really hear is the sub and tweeters. I double checked all connections, I am running a bridged Pioneer GM8604 amp to the speakers (the 7" anarchys), so they're getting 200W per speaker with very thick copper wire cables going to them. I am crossing over from 100Hz-1500Hz but it just still all sounds very muddy. I listen to modern metal songs for testing and I was expecting these speakers to carry the low end guitars and kicks but right now it's not doing any of that.

Any ideas?

Hm... so for some reason I still can't get my midbass woofers to sound any good. the rest of the system is great but right now all I can really hear is the sub and tweeters. I double checked all connections, I am running a bridged Pioneer GM8604 amp to the speakers (the 7" anarchys), so they're getting 200W per speaker with very thick copper wire cables going to them. I am crossing over from 100Hz-1500Hz but it just still all sounds very muddy. I listen to modern metal songs for testing and I was expecting these speakers to carry the low end guitars and kicks but right now it's not doing any of that.

Any ideas?
Well, you want to run the HPF lower than 100hz for starters.

Keep in mind XBL^2 drivers trade efficiency for low distortion so you may have to put some power to them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...