Help with system!

Participant count
  • Participant list

truckcap22
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
ky
Every video i see people crank their volume all the way up, but my subs max out at about 25 out of 40 on my headunit, i've tried messing with the gain and such on my amp but it never seems to sound good..what should i try? i want to be able to hear my music other than just bass. much apprecaitation to who can help!

I think that your X-over points are incorrectly set for the type of sound that you want to hear. A good place to start is 0. Power up everything and set the adjustments to 0. No loudness and no + or - for bass mid and treble at the HU. Play some music that you are very familiar with from a CD. Turn HU approx 3/4 full volume and make your gain adjustment on amps at that time.

If you also have crossovers on your amps, now is a good time to play with them. You will quickly learn what control does what if you experiment.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.