Help with Subwoofer Values

I have a system that has barely been used. I inherited it, and do not know much about car audio. Any help on the values of these would be appreciated. Everything is in good condition (used less than 30 days):

-2 JL Audio 15W3-D2 Subwoofers

-2 Directed 1100d amps

-Stinger HPM 1 Farad Power Capacitor (Ultra Low ESR 20 volt Surge)

People will always hate on caps. It's like the argument of ported vs sealed boxes. The subs could probably be sold for like 150 a piece. The rest, I'm not sure.

I've been told that ported boxes are better for spl and that sealed boxes give you a "punchier" sound, like for rock rather than rap. The bass doesn't sustain and is better for a bass kick sound.

Psh, if only I knew anyone that knew anything about car audio. All my Facebook friends are morons. Lmao. Either way, you're probably right. It also may be because I've never used ported. All my boxes have been sealed since I haven't really had the money to get one brand new or have one made. ONE DAY. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/viking2.gif.35c13a457368016b956ccf693af31291.gif

lol. dont even start with this sealed is punchier. thats all determined off of volume. larger boxes offer less resistance, aka more lengthy bass. smaller boxes offer more punch. more break. k end/

all in all i see about $600 in gear.

subs for 250.

amps arent bad.

150each maybe.

$40 for cap.

Psh, if only I knew anyone that knew anything about car audio. All my Facebook friends are morons. Lmao. Either way, you're probably right. It also may be because I've never used ported. All my boxes have been sealed since I haven't really had the money to get one brand new or have one made. ONE DAY. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/viking2.gif.35c13a457368016b956ccf693af31291.gif
You can make a box for $40 my friend. (assuming you have access to tools)

Look into it, I promise you won't be displeased with the results. Look around, ask questions here, and you'll be pointed in the right direction;

P.S. watch for incoming Trolls.

and remember...

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/youreawesome.gif.a27e190c662afa8e2be5686b27bd1659.gif

You are entirely to close to me to have some of those misconceptions. I'm in OKC on the west side near the new outlet mall. Hit me up if you need help or have any questions.

Now back on topic. OP are looking for trade value or a sale value? Also, are wanting what a local would pay for your items or forums? All of these things will alter what they "value" at.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.