Help with settings for a 2015 mustang system

Participant count
  • Participant list

E Broussard

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have a 2015 mustang shaker system w/o a sub. I upgraded all of my stock speakers with Fosgates. I recently add a 300W amp with 2-12” that I connected via a LOC.
My question is do I need to make changes via forscan to prevent clipping. Do I need to do anything to the eq settings in forscan to make the upgraded speakers sound better?
Thanks in advance.

If you are able to use Forscan properly then yes, you will want to use it to remove the factory eq settings which will get rid of the bass roll off. Your speakers will sound better theoretically. Save up and get a JL Fix 82/86 (other brands too) and even better would be adding a DSP.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

For the front and rear speakers set the high-pass filter around 80-120 hz depending on what sounds better with over driving the speakers (you'll...
set your gain right, heres how. test tones are at the very bottom...
You will need a multi-meter, a set of RCAs that will be sacrificed, and a small blade screwdriver. First disconnect the amp from the LC2i. Now cut...
Hi, I'm new here and the current car audio that I've had for a month is my first in my life, so I'm asking for your understanding 😉 I'm starting...
Thanks for the info, made the setting changes and that did the trick. Toyed with the amp gain to get the amplitude balanced out, then tweaked...

About this thread

E Broussard

CarAudio.com Newbie
E Broussard
Broussard Louisiana
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from