help with second battery

Isolator separates them.

In my understanding that gives you a start batt and an amp batt...no benefit to the amps of having 2 though.

Alt charges which ever isolator tells it to.

^^^ no when car is of the batteries seperate yes but the isolater tells the rear battery to turn on which runs everything in your car including your amps as soon as you turn the car on the isolator tells it to switch to the starter which will start your car and run everything then while its charging now im not sure but a friend told me that when the starter battery fully charges it switches over to charge your battery in the trunk and when thats charged it switches backuntil you turn the key off in which the process starts all over again i had my starter bettery up front with my stock alt , an isolator ground,remote,zero gauge fused to the starter battery and a 17 foot run to the trunk fused at both ends on a kinetik 1400 grounded to the trunk without even having to do the big 3 on 3 12 inch l7s and a zx 2500 no dimming worked perfect pure power

When you use an isolator both banks of batteries will be charged together, but the banks will not interact with each other so for example you would be able to play your system with the car off but the upfront battery will not be affected by the discharging

so how would i get the two batteries to work together?

---------- Post added at 03:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:43 AM ----------

i have three different size agm batteries for the trunk and the lead acid for the starter?

Why not just get agm for your underhood batt too?
I would suggest this as well, but id also like to add that just because theyre all agm doesnt mean they wont affect each others longevity if they arent the same exact brand, age. but as far as hooking it all up that wont be terribly hard the isolator will have instructions..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.