Help with schematics or wiring diagram for No name 2 DIN multimedia

Participant count
  • Participant list
It is locked to the ECU aka computer in the car that it came from. Only way to unlock it is to have it in the same car or another hyundai sonata from 2007 or so and have the dealership use their machine to unlock it as then they have to program it to that new ECU/Computer and that costs money. You will not find the code otherwise.

And even then it isn't 100% guaranteed it will work at this point you are better off cutting your losses and buying an aftermarket radio as this isn't going to work the way you want to, it just won't. Trust me I worked in that business for a long time here in the states.

Ok. But see this dude how repair his unit with the same problem.

P.S. Hyundai Sonata from 2007 is not with my unit .

(7) THE BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH: QUICK FIX - YouTube

1st that is an aftermarket radio completely different then OEM from the Car maker itself. That radio is completely different and isn't locked to any car, computer or ecu.

Radio he has in this link

2nd. Yeah it is from a Hyundai I looked all over for that model and the only ones that came with it are those cars.

Also you posted the exact picture in one of your posts that says Hyundai in it the very 1st picture in post #5

Regardless if it comes from a Sonata or w/e it will not work the way you want it to.

At this point I am done as I've tried to help, I've posted the wiring harness and explained nicely that it won't work w/e you do.

So have fun and good luck

Last answer from me...

No it will not ask for a code! There is no way for you to enter a code. It has to be done by the OEM maker in the car it originally came from or a similar car and the dealership has a special computer they use to unlock it. You will not be unable to unlock it you will not be able to enter a code.

It is time to give up and move on to an aftermarket radio it will not work....period!

What you say about that the unit is locked?

With guessing, I was able to run some menus, but not much. Navigation (I need to find a Navi for that unit and put in an SD card, but no idea from where to find it) and TV and that's it. I can't find how to go to the main menu. Also now I am searching for AV In/Out cable to try to connect the rearview camera. I think blue screen, maybe for that I connect somehow + to pin for the camera and the unit search for it. Here what I do so far...

Attachments

• 20201008_205149.jpg
    20201008_205149.jpg
    494.2 KB · Views: 46
  • 20201008_205238.jpg
    20201008_205238.jpg
    533.8 KB · Views: 51
  • 20201008_205250.jpg
    20201008_205250.jpg
    342.4 KB · Views: 46
  • 20201008_205911.jpg
    20201008_205911.jpg
    477.8 KB · Views: 50
  • 20201008_205920.jpg
    20201008_205920.jpg
    460.6 KB · Views: 50
  • 20201008_210103.jpg
    20201008_210103.jpg
    424.1 KB · Views: 50
  • av.jpg
    av.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 46
You just don't get it do you?

Just because it works on the bench does NOT mean it will work IN THE CAR! If you get this to work in a NON Hyundai Vehicle it will be a miracle. A FACTORY RADIO Works off the Car's Computer...The ECM...The Brain Box...Whatever you want to call it. In that Brain Box...Computer..ECM is a stored Lock Code....In order to get FULL FUNCTION out of it or to even Turn it On sometimes you need to reprogram the entire Computer...Brain Box...ECM and the Radio at the same time. They are NOT MADE to be put into a DIFFERENT Car Manufacturer!

The Fact you got it to work on the bench in itself is a miracle.

I get that English is not your 1st language...But you DO NOT ENTER THE CODE MANUALLY! Idk how many times I can say that!

Enough good bye and enjoy that whatever it is.

Give up and call your local Car Audio Install Shop and have them do a Aftermarket Radio for you...But you won't so Enjoy. It isn't that nice of a radio to begin with when it was brand new in a Hyundai

Edit: To others...Btw I hate being blunt like this but oh well. I am normally not like this but when you have worked in Auto Parts at dealerships and at Truck Dealerships you see this all the time and it just don't work.

Edit: To others...Btw I hate being blunt like this but oh well. I am normally not like this but when you have worked in Auto Parts at dealerships and at Truck Dealerships you see this all the time and it just don't work.
I get what you are saying. But as you stated earlier, that radio does not have OEM Hyundai plugs. They look to be standard aftermarket. Also, a local electronics repair shop unlocks OEM radios. How does he do it? No dial up clue. But I have seen them working in alternate vehicles. I do not mean Ford to Chevy, but Challenger to Challenger and Silverado to Silverado. No programming.

No I never said it was aftermarket...No actually the plug looks to be a standard Hyundai and Ford plug. I posted it and its the middle one in the link that has 3 of them pictured. Also no most local electronic repair shops will not unlock radios, none in the midwest will because of the computer needed. That radio came out of a Hyundai somewhere regardless of what the OP says, I looked it up multiple times and even contacted a friend at Hyundai and he said the same things I am saying about it.

Also if you go like you said challenger to challenger or chevy to chevy you still need to reprogram the ecu so it sees the radio. Last time you could really enter the code manually on a OEM radio was the '90s and even then it was a PITA to do.

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.