2017 Ford Sony Rear Sub Upgrade

Participant count
  • Participant list

pshutt

CarAudio.com Newbie
Boise
Hi. I recently bought a Rockville USS10 to upgrade the bass in my 2017 Escape Titanium with the Sony Sound System and SYNC3. I got it connected to the battery and to the ground, but I do not know exactly what to do to get the sub connected to the stock media player. All I want is to get the new sub connected in place of the stock one, but the connections are not plug and play and I want to get advice before I begin so I dont screw anything up. I have included pictures of the plugs, connectors, the sub and wires I have, and the connections to the stock subwoofer. Would it be possible for me to connect the new sub in the rear cargo area using the stock subwoofer connector and splicing in the cables, and if so, which colors go to which cable? Should I splice it from the back of the sync module? Do I need any special parts to make the connections? I was quoted 130$ for this job, and I would rather put the time in and do it myself than I would spend that. Any advice or instruction would help, even if you used a different method because it still might help. Anyone who knows which of the wires that plug in to the green connector(white,white/blu,white/gray,white/black) is the left or right positive or negative that would also be a huge help. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• back.PNG
    back.PNG
    236.3 KB · Views: 88
  • inputs.PNG
    inputs.PNG
    112.2 KB · Views: 85
  • plug.PNG
    plug.PNG
    107.5 KB · Views: 85
  • uss10.PNG
    uss10.PNG
    177 KB · Views: 83
  • rearplug.PNG
    rearplug.PNG
    275.5 KB · Views: 78
  • wire.PNG
    wire.PNG
    247.3 KB · Views: 78
  • plugwires.PNG
    plugwires.PNG
    126.3 KB · Views: 83
  • rca.PNG
    rca.PNG
    161.2 KB · Views: 80
I would use the existing wiring in the cargo area. Looks like your factory subwoofer setup has dual voice coils. Thus the reason for the 4 wires in the harness. You would only wire up one of the channels and leave the other taped off. Use a line out converter (LOC), and attach it to the speaker harness connector. Then run the RCA cables from the LOC to the line-in inputs on the amplifier.

My experience has been that the cables with the stripes are positive; and the solid cables are negative. I would confirm their polarity by looking online for a wiring diagram.

If you are not experienced with wiring, $130 is a reasonable price. Best Buy Geek squad may be able to do it cheaper. Call them for an estimate. Their base price for the amplifier install is $119.
Good luck.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.