help with replacement system

Participant count
  • Participant list

timmyk82

IL
i got a buddy wanting to replace the whole audio system in his 97 mitsubishi eclipse.

his wife is wanting to get it all for him for their anniversary. anyways not one site or mag i've looked at each have different size speakers that go in different spots.

here is what is actually in the car.

-3 1/2" tweets on dash

-5 1/4" in the front doors

-i think 6x9" on ea. side of the backseat.

my question.

does anyone know what will really fit in the door and should the dash tweets remain, and are the rear speakers 6x9's the look a litte like 4x6's possibly.

tim

any help would be appreciated.

i am about 30mi north of champaign

i am on crutchfield and they give me all kinds of options.

i went and looked in the car, the door speakers are weird looking. i would say 5 1/4" but they didn't lookin like speakers. more like circle foam pads. the funny thing is that there is about an extra 1 1/2" all around this "speaker".

tim

p.s. i never buy from crutchfield, just look to see what i may like

I am right next to Galesburg, which is pry about 2 hours from where you live.

To get the exact speaker hole size, take out the speaker and measure. You could call crutchfield and talk to someone and they will be abel to give you more info then the website.

If you need a 2 channel amp i have one im tryin to sell. Let me know if your interested.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.