help with recone

87cadillac
10+ year member

I'm completely new at reconing so I was looking for someone in or around the Houston tx area to do it for me but the problem is I have two konaki 12s and don't know which recone will work. And yes I have looked all over the internet and have yet to find anyone really do it. So if anyone could help me I would really appreciate it. By the way I will be pushing them with a 2250 planet audio so whatever that would be able to push.

I think everyone was using Digital Design recones on those a while back...but DD stopped shipping recones unless you have a woofer under warranty if I remember correctly. PSI and a few others may be able to send you a drop in and you could recone it yourself. Its not hard to do and there are tutorials on this forum. Otherwise you could ship them to one of the guys that do recones, but it would be costly.

Contact Corey Dean, his user id on here is SPLaudio, I have used both PSi and Mr. Dean, he is cheaper and does a better job.

If you go to the subwoofer section there is a thread with the work he has done

I knew DD was out off the question because of how strict they are but if I could just find another place to get one from I'm pretty sure I could do it, lol the shim part is the hard looking part. Are they worth reconong for the money I'm gonna spend or should I get two more 10" hx2 punch's.

good customer service pays back //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif thanx..

i can build you a recone for that sub noooo problem....

I'll recone them for you if you get the recones.

If you want to buy complete subs, I got a 12" Nightshade and a 15" DC SPL/XL, I'd sell locally.

I think I'll just try to recone the konakis but I want to try and find the recones locally, I'm not really familiar with buying online.
Did you get with SPLaudio? He's a beast like I said, made my memphis mojo sub handle 2500rms daily, was rated at 1000rms before

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.