help with port length

Participant count
  • Participant list
So if I went 21 I'd be tuned at 25 hz and still be at optimum port ratio?
Actually 20.75 would be the longest you could go, I forgot to account for the thickness of the MDF. But yes you'd be tuned at 35Hz with optimal port area and it would bump you up to 5.06 cubic feet.

Here's the final calculations with a cut sheet from my calculator if you'd like them

2TIAy.png

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

I'd have the internal port end 7" away from the back wall and just roundover that corner. That back (rounded) wall should effectively extend the...
None so far, there was a factory 8 inch subwoofer that I took out for a pass through, I'm definitely going to have to get some sound deadening...
Yes. I do not fully understand the question, but if the manufacturer suggests such a big port, it is probably because it has a high QTS. If it...
That would be a function of the harness, not the HU, I think. Have you looked into a Maestro or iData interface? i would check with crutchfield...
Dammned good speakers. Just pass up the CL series,and you will be pleased with CDT speakers. I still enjoy all mine. Polk MM series and Infinity...

About this thread

Bomtillington

CarAudio.com Elite
Bomtillington
Rhode island
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from