help with port length

Participant count
  • Participant list

Bomtillington

CarAudio.com Elite
Hi guys I have a 6.2 cube box for two 12 inch l7 the port was going to be 3 inch wide and 13 inches tall but what do I do for length I don't trust the calculators so I'm asking you guys for help and is 3 inches wide enough or do I have to go wider any help is appreciated!

Hi guys I have a 6.2 cube box for two 12 inch l7 the port was going to be 3 inch wide and 13 inches tall but what do I do for length I don't trust the calculators so I'm asking you guys for help and is 3 inches wide enough or do I have to go wider any help is appreciated!
What are the dimensions of the box? I can plug it in my box calculator for you

Also you'll want a lot more port area

fixed it

2TH3d.png

5.5 wide port, 27 in long gives you 33hz with optimal port area with 4.8 cubes of net volume left

Can I put both speakers on on side and the port on the other?
That would reduce your output significantly. You want your subs and port on the same face or faces right next to each other. For example: subs back port back; subs back port side; subs up port back; etc.

If you're talking about having your subs face back and the port fire out the side, yes that would work just fine. Just make sure there's enough room inside the box to mount your subs or you'll be forced to invert them

or if I wanted port length of 26 inches what would that tune it too this way I can center it and no have to make an l shape
26 inches wouldn't work because there would only be a 1 inch gap at the back. And yes, you can have the port against the side of the box (like you said on the right side with the subs on the left) and that will work just fine and be easier to build

About the longest you could go without bending the port would be 21 inches and that would give you 35Hz tuning

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.