help with ohm on my amp running 2 subs off it

Participant count
  • Participant list

ccapital83
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
NY
if i run 2 subs that are each dvc2ohm so each sub will be wired at 1 ohm load. with my brutus amp it has 2 channels so if i connected both subs thaat way would the amp then see a .5 ohm load which i clearly dont want? if so im assuming id have to run these subs at 4 ohms each to create a final 2 ohm load? is this correct or will 2 subs @ 1 ohm each on a mono amp not drop the ohms past 1? help much appretiated!

if i run 2 subs that are each dvc2ohm so each sub will be wired at 1 ohm load. with my brutus amp it has 2 channels so if i connected both subs thaat way would the amp then see a .5 ohm load which i clearly dont want? if so im assuming id have to run these subs at 4 ohms each to create a final 2 ohm load? is this correct or will 2 subs @ 1 ohm each on a mono amp not drop the ohms past 1? help much appretiated!
Not sure exactly what ohm stable the amp is, but here are some wiring configurations that can help you with your needs..Keep/book mark this site for your future references

Subwoofer Wiring Diagrams, Two 2 ohm Dual Voice Coil (DVC) Speakers

brz1200.1
That is a 1 channel amp, and your best option is, option 2 in the subwoofer wiring link given above. The 2 pair of terminal on the amp is wired parallel internally, so it's one output.

cool that is what i figured just wanted to make sure idk if id do it that way cuz then each sub is only getting half of what they are rated dont wanna sbuse them to much. I really appretiate everyones input on this thank you!!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.