Help with noise!!!

the most likely cause of this, considering the checks/tests you have already done to it would be the simple fact that you have your speaker wires running next to something that electrical current passes through, and your are getting the interference because of this.

i know it sounds trivial and like it cant do anything but it can make a big difference.

where are your power and speaker wires ran, if they are on the same side you may want to change that and see if its the problem.

I have my power wire ran down the driver side and my speaker wire and rcas running down the passenger side. This noise started happening after I installed a Pioneer Avic D3, with bad pico fuse. My wife talked me into giving that to her //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif. So I picked up the X492 thinking the noise from the bad pico would be gone. Man was I wrong!

the most likely cause of this, considering the checks/tests you have already done to it would be the simple fact that you have your speaker wires running next to something that electrical current passes through, and your are getting the interference because of this.
i know it sounds trivial and like it cant do anything but it can make a big difference.

where are your power and speaker wires ran, if they are on the same side you may want to change that and see if its the problem.

Okay I have replaced everything but the power wire and I still have this noise. I have managed to quiet it down though. The only way I can hear it now is with the volume all the way down and my ear next to my speaker. I guess I'll just have to live with it for now!

I've got the same problem. Goes away or is drowned out with a little volume. Mine's is with the car running- alt whine I guess.

I've got the same problem. Goes away or is drowned out with a little volume. Mine's is with the car running- alt whine I guess.

Thats what I thought about mine at first, then I noticed the same noise with the car off. Its not that bad but just knowing that its still there and shouldn't be is driving me crazy!

my little brother has the same problem , i did the install. i know where everything is and no wires are near any source of interference , it started a few months ago and if he unplugs his rca's it goes away. he's got pretty expensive stuff too. x990 hu , jl 300/4 & 500/1 , 0 ga to fuse block 4 gauge to amp , big 3 , and all stinger cable. but at 0 volume he has hiss , i believe it's the deck itself. maybe the prob on yours too. if you have a spare deck , hook it up and see if the noise is gone.

my little brother has the same problem ' date=' i did the install. i know where everything is and no wires are near any source of interference , it started a few months ago and if he unplugs his rca's it goes away. he's got pretty expensive stuff too. x990 hu , jl 300/4 & 500/1 , 0 ga to fuse block 4 gauge to amp , big 3 , and all stinger cable. but at 0 volume he has hiss , i believe it's the deck itself. maybe the prob on yours too. if you have a spare deck , hook it up and see if the noise is gone.[/quote']
I might try a different deck now that I have replaced everything else. I've got an old JVC somewhere I'll give that a try.

I finally solved my noise problem.....I had my mid/high amp grounded in my Distribution Block which was grounded straight to the battery via 1/0 wire and when I took the ground wire of my mid/high amp loose from the distribution block and grounded to the braided mesh wire on my power antanea and no noise when the car is running.

or the amp? i had the same problem, and the way i found out the solution is that i had a mono and a 4-channel amp. 1 run of rca to the mono (front), 1 run of rca to the first 2 channel of the 4-channel amp (rear), and 1 run of rca from mono output to the other 2 channel of the 4-channel amp. and when i turned on the car, a whinning noise was going through the front door speakers, and when i disconnected the rca from the mono output to the 4-ch., that was the solution to it. i have the rca separate from the power, have a boss in-dash(even though its boss, i love it and no more whinning noise)

I finally solved my noise problem.....I had my mid/high amp grounded in my Distribution Block which was grounded straight to the battery via 1/0 wire and when I took the ground wire of my mid/high amp loose from the distribution block and grounded to the braided mesh wire on my power antanea and no noise when the car is running.
Glad you figured it out! I'm still stuck with mine though. I really have ran new rca's, speaker wire (different location than before), moved my ground, different head unit, different amps, tried running my power wire outside the car. The noise is still there!

Glad you figured it out! I'm still stuck with mine though. I really have ran new rca's, speaker wire (different location than before), moved my ground, different head unit, different amps, tried running my power wire outside the car. The noise is still there!
What is the the common thing that you are using in all the different ways you have tried? in other words I tried moving wires rca cables around without success and I then grounded my HU straight to battery(-) still no luck I even grounded the rca`s to the HU no luck I tried eveything that I knew how and from advice here on the forum from some pretty smart guys and nothing UNTIL I change the NOT SO OBVIOUS the one thing I did not change was the ground wire on my mid/high amp...look for the one common thing you have not changed.

What is the the common thing that you are using in all the different ways you have tried? in other words I tried moving wires rca cables around without success and I then grounded my HU straight to battery(-) still no luck I even grounded the rca`s to the HU no luck I tried eveything that I knew how and from advice here on the forum from some pretty smart guys and nothing UNTIL I change the NOT SO OBVIOUS the one thing I did not change was the ground wire on my mid/high amp...look for the one common thing you have not changed.
The only common thing is my car! I've changed everything! Including my ground location. I've grounded everything directly to the battery. Moved my rca's and speaker wires. Moved the power wire. I've tried three different amps for the subs, three for the comps. Three different head units, 4 sets of rca's.

But like I said I have managed to suppress it. I can only hear it if the volume is at zero and the windows are up, with my ear about 2-3 inches away from the comps.

The only common thing is my car! I've changed everything! Including my ground location. I've grounded everything directly to the battery. Moved my rca's and speaker wires. Moved the power wire. I've tried three different amps for the subs, three for the comps. Three different head units, 4 sets of rca's.
But like I said I have managed to suppress it. I can only hear it if the volume is at zero and the windows are up, with my ear about 2-3 inches away from the comps.
have you changed your ground wire? try a totally new wire.it seems to be the only thing you haven`t changed

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.