Help with new system!

Participant count
  • Participant list

JKU13

MI
Hello all!

I have a 2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited and finished installing a new sound system.

The new sound system consists of:

The stock head unit (it has Bluetooth, USB, and steering controls)

Alpine MRX-V60 5 channel amp

Polk db651 (x4)

Pioneer TS-SW841D in a Pioneer enclosure UD-SW8U.

It sounds great. However, I don't know how to adjust the amp.

I don't know how to adjust the crossovers or the low pass filter.

I have the high pass filter switched on for the speakers, I want them to take care of the mids and hi's. the hi-pass filter is just an on/off switch.

The low pass filter for te sub is a dial though, and I don't know the optimal setting for this particular subwoofer.

I have no idea how to adjust the crossovers, nor do I understand what they do.

I have called the various manufacturers an the installer, and other local installers, and they just say they don't know. I have found several attempts at explaining these concepts on the errornet, and they tend to contradict each other.

Help!

OK.. LPF lets anything lower then the setting play. HPF lets anything higher play. Full lets whatever the amp can play play
So if the LP filter goes from 50 - 400 Hz, and you set it to 100 Hz, anything less than 100 Hz will play and anything higher is blocked? I would have thought it was the OPPOSITE.

As you say, "full" would be if I set the LPF to 400 Hz?

Last edited by a moderator:
The COs adjust what frequancy each componet plays.
So, if the CO is set at a certain frequency, does it boost that freq within a certain range? Or does it dampen other freqs outside of a certain range?

There's also a sub sonic filter for the sub channel that goes from 5-30 Hz. Where would that be set at for such a small subwoofer? I am not clear if such a filter attenuates sounds below or above the setting.

ETA: I figured that out. The sub sonic frequencies are inaudible, and only provide concussion. Since it's only a little 8" sub, I set the subsonic filter to the max: 30. This should attenuate anything lower than 30 hz.

Another website helped me out with the crossover and low pass filter.

Now I just need to set the gain, and I'm all set.

Isn't there a way to set the gain correctly without needing a meter?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.