Alt Whine - With no power to the deck?

slebo3213

So, I've been battling the whine forever now. Current setup:

2010 Lancer Evo

Rockford 4 channel in the trunk

Infinity 2 way 6.5's in the rear doors

Image Dynamics separates up front

and an Infinity Basslink in the trunk

I've done all of the standard work on this, but my question is why am I still getting the whine when I turn the power to the deck off? And, it doesn't sound like it's coming from any of the speakers. Where else could it be coming? It came stock with BT - maybe something with BT mic? I didn't add a steering wheel interface. Could noise somehow be introduced there?

Maybe the bass link is picking up the whine try movin the rcas in it first could be a bad ground there as well. As far as the Bluetooth mic, disinterested the Bluetooth use the factory radio to work or is it a standalone unit, if it was factory built into the radio, removing the radio would remove the power sorce from the Bluetooth mic. Also check how the bass link turn on if it is with signal sense or through a fuse box it might stay on when the radio is off causin it I pick up alt whine

Maybe the bass link is picking up the whine try movin the rcas in it first could be a bad ground there as well. As far as the Bluetooth mic, disinterested the Bluetooth use the factory radio to work or is it a standalone unit, if it was factory built into the radio, removing the radio would remove the power sorce from the Bluetooth mic. Also check how the bass link turn on if it is with signal sense or through a fuse box it might stay on when the radio is off causin it I pick up alt whine
Interesting take. Maybe it is something to do with the basslink. It does stay on when the deck is powered off. Can I just pull the power from the basslink to see if it's the problem?

Car came with factory BT but I pulled the factory deck. Replaced with Kenwood Excelon nav unit that has built in BT.

Interesting take. Maybe it is something to do with the basslink. It does stay on when the deck is powered off. Can I just pull the power from the basslink to see if it's the problem?
Car came with factory BT but I pulled the factory deck. Replaced with Kenwood Excelon nav unit that has built in BT.
Unplug the basslink and see if it disappears. My guess is that the input side of the built in amp is picking up noise in the rcas. My guess is that the rcas are run on the same side as the power wire which is a no no.

sorry for the delay. Wasn't the basslink. I'm lost as to how this can be happening with no power to the deck. And I can't hear it coming out of any of the speakers. Its a real gremlin. One shop thought it was the turbo spooling, but that's hogwash.

---------- Post added at 01:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 PM ----------

I had this too.....one of my tweeters was making an engine noise even when the deck wasn't even put on, all amps off
What was your solution?

I guess it could be the bearing, but I can't hear it from outside the car with the hood up. And I doubt it's the belt or water pump because the sound increases with acceleration.

Is it possible that there was an issue with a component speaker install that would cause a grounding issue? If so, what would I look for?

Has anyone ever heard of engine noise coming through something like the seatbelt chime?

There is a weird phenomena called AC ripple iirc where AC current can travel through the frame of a vehicle and somehow get introduced into the speakers. It get's introduced somehow through your DC wires. I don't really understand it but I know it can happen.

OP keeps saying he can't hear it from the speakers.

....Maybe you got tinnitus. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Others can hear it so it's not tinnitus!

I don't think bad battery ground explains the problem occuring with no power to the deck.

---------- Post added at 05:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 PM ----------

It is old and the problem has been going on even longer than the thread.

This thread is old too.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

slebo3213

slebo3213
United States
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
slebo3213