Help with new system?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Lozlrolfz

Iowa
Hey, I need suggestions on what I should put in my car, since I'm pretty sure you people would know a lot more than me. My car is a PT Cruiser, so it's got an open trunk. I was thinking 2 type r alpine subs, since I did a little research and heard they were pretty good for the money. I'm not sure what amp to use with them, if I would need a cap, what kind of stereo to get along with them, or what kind of sub I should get. Also, any ideas on what kind of box I should use, since I cant really just put them in my trunk? I want it to sound nice, but I want it to be reasonably priced too. And would I need to replace my speakers as well? They're the factory installed ones right now. So yeah, probably right?

More info:

My budget is about $500-700 starting off, I'd like to replace things as I go if possible, my trunk dimensions are 28x42 in. and 37 in. high, I want them to hit low notes that my speakers cant, but I always want them to have a good kick, and my car is an '06.

here is wut i would do if i were u. if u want it loud and to hit low notes go with the 15 inch kicker comps they r way cheaper than the alpines and alot better i kno cause i have both... as for the amp u can get a 500.2 kicker and u would be able to power it with your stock wiring like u wont have to get a bigger altenator and u should go ahead and get a cap a 1.2 farard would work perfect and it would b wise to get a vented box for the low bass and higher dbs head unit i would go with an alpine they r a lil pricey but there worth it...if u wanna go a lil cheaper with the head unit the jvcs r perfect.. u can get the subs for around 120 a piece and the amp for arond 300 or so

Alright...Hatchback cars with subs beat harder. Just like Blazers and SUV's

Go buy 2 Kicker CVR 12in. $150

Get a sealed box $50

Get a 1000 watt or so amp. $200

With 15's, its just bass to rattle your car.

With 12's, you know more whats going on, and you can hear definition.

No cap....4 gauge or so wire

The Scoshe 1200watt wiring kit at Walmart is pretty good for the money. $40

Get a Kenwood, Pioneer, or an Alpine. those are the big three. $150

TOTAL= Around $600

Alright...Hatchback carGo buy 2 Kicker CVR 12in.

Get a sealed box

Get a 1000 watt or so amp.

With 15's, its just bass to rattle your car.

With 12's, you know more whats going on, and you can hear definition.

No cap....4 gauge or so wire

The Scoshe 1200watt wiring kit at Walmart is pretty good for the money.

Sub suggestionsViews: 25

Posted By SunfireGT

Re: Sub suggestions

Go Kicker CVR 12's sealed, and a Kicker amp. Go around 1000 watts or so but DONT BRIDGE

4 12' CVR's or 2 15' cvx's??

Views: 24

Posted By SunfireGT

Re: 4 12' CVR's or 2 15' cvx's??

4 CVR's all the way. With 12's, you get a sense for whats going on. With 15's, its just to make your car rattle basically. If you want them to be loud, hook up 2 subs to a 1000 watt or so amp, them...

nuthugger?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.