help with neons

Participant count
  • Participant list

oudhuis
10+ year member

Audiobahn Crew
ok so i have 3 neons in my car 2 of them are 9in and 1 is 15in. ok so only 1 of the 9 works when i hook them all up to the toggle. the 15 works . i bought another 9 and it still doesnt work. could it be that i can only run 2 off the toggle switch or what. please help im really getting pissed so help. ima kill someone. not really but help.

That's kinda what I was wondering.....do the neons all work if wired individually but if you try and run them together some of them don't?

It shouldn't be an issue running them off of the same power source as I have two 20" neons, a 9" blacklight bar, and the remote turn-on duties for two amplifiers all running off of the same 30a relay...

nah ok im sure what it is but the little neons have a thing that converts the power i think. one works on both and the other doesnt. so i bought another one and it still doesnt work

nah ok im sure what it is but the little neons have a thing that converts the power i think. one works on both and the other doesnt. so i bought another one and it still doesnt work
The neons that you are using have an external transformer rather than being built into the light housing itself and that is the bit that isn't working?

Or are you eliminating that transformer when you're trying to connect it to that toggle switch?

no its still connected to the neon i didnt eliminate it. do you think i really could of bought 2 that dont work
Not too likely, I wouldn't think...

How, exactly, are you connecting them? I would assume the positive side (the wire with the stripe on the insulation) is going to the toggle switch and the other wire is going where????

yep cut them off. and connected the ones with the blue line on them to the power and the ones with no line to metal. i know what you mean tho im stumped too. well thanks for trying to help tho.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.