Help with my system?

Participant count
  • Participant list

timmyjimmy5150
10+ year member

harvard
Okay.....Here goes...

I have a ford f150 --- I currently have the 4 door version of the truck with Boston Acoustics RC820 component speakers in all 4 doors..... Here are the speaker specs and I have the tweets flush mounted high in the door corners:

5 x 7" woofer with AMD

Neo 3r Kortec dome-flush mount tweeter....

Now.... Pushing these speakers I have a Pioneer Avic-D1 head unit and a JL 450/4 amp.

Here's my problem/ question ---- The system sounds fine driving with the windows up -- However, with the nicer weather I like to open the sunroof and roll down all the windows but this creates road/ wind noise. My system has a hard time keeping up/ and overpowering the wind/ road noise...... There are times I have trouble hearing the music over the wind noise.I have the gains set right on the amp but turning those up anymore just causes distortion at loud levels........

Suggestions? Better speakers --- Better amp ---- ideas? Anyone with a convertible have a system they can hear when driving with the top down?

thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.