Help With My Next Build

Participant count
  • Participant list
I am selling my current setup and want to get some opinions.

I have triple alternators. One stock alternator runs the vehicle and 4 channel amps. The other 2 are DC power SPX-I 320 amp 6 phase that run just the sub amp tied in to the rear batts. 4 Diehard platinum 31s batts. 2 runs of 0 gauge knukonceptz kolossus.

How much rms wattage should I safely be able to run on my current setup daily not burp?

I the vehicle is a 2002 escalade. I am looking to have 18s or 15s.

I am selling my current setup and want to get some opinions.I have triple alternators. One stock alternator runs the vehicle and 4 channel amps. The other 2 are DC power SPX-I 320 amp 6 phase that run just the sub amp tied in to the rear batts. 4 Diehard platinum 31s batts. 2 runs of 0 gauge knukonceptz kolossus.

How much rms wattage should I safely be able to run on my current setup daily not burp?

I the vehicle is a 2002 escalade. I am looking to have 18s or 15s.
Others will chime in, but I think you should add two more runs of 0 gauge. You should have to run 10-12k efficiently.

Your new system will come down to budget, how much space you want to sacrifice and the end goal (kill lows, good bandwidth, numbers, wind monster)

I was thinking about more runs but didn't want to buy until I found out what amp I'm running. I had the American bass 500.1. I might ru the 1100.1 next or 3 Rockford 2500s. I eat to kill lows with a good quality sound. Possibly sundow zv3 or ssa Zcon. Not sure if I'd be interested I the zv4.

I was thinking about more runs but didn't want to buy until I found out what amp I'm running. I had the American bass 500.1. I might ru the 1100.1 next or 3 Rockford 2500s. I eat to kill lows with a good quality sound. Possibly sundow zv3 or ssa Zcon. Not sure if I'd be interested I the zv4.
All of those are solid options, but if you're wanting an efficient low end monster, consider going with some Fi SP4s

Alt wise your good for prolly 8k. But you'll need more batts to do that also a minimum of 5 runs power and ground
Two 320 amp alts and only good for 8k?

I ran my M4a with one and that's a 7k. Voltage drop was minimal. Also, he's got more battery bank than I had

I'd say more than 8k. Probably 10k-12k.

I plan on running my Taramps 20k with one 370 amp hairpin

Two 320 amp alts and only good for 8k?
I ran my M4a with one and that's a 7k. Voltage drop was minimal. Also, he's got more battery bank than I had

I'd say more than 8k. Probably 10k-12k.

I plan on running my Taramps 20k with one 370 amp hairpin
With some SoundQubed subs? I know you want to //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

With some SoundQubed subs? I know you want to //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Nope.

These are my babies

IMG_20150903_151558_450_zps1zdmk6iz.jpg

4 batts is all I can fit. Especially of the 31s. I just got rid of 3 18" zvx v2 on a ab Vfl 500.1 that did not touch my voltage. It always stayed stable. I'm debating on what subs. I don't want to buy anymore batts or alternators. All though I am going to do 2 or 3 more runs. What about Rockford t2500bdcp? I've had 2 once and loved them. If I get 3 of them, I could get 3 18" or 4 15" subs. Just want subs that are more efficient than the zvx. They seemed like they loved over what they are rated.i had a zv3 before and loved it. Excellent sub. How are the zv4s and soundqubed hdc3 or 4 subs on sound quality.?

That 500 really shouldn't have given you voltage issues. I'm not surprised.

The t2500's are way overpriced, imo.

Zv4's are generally liked. A lot of it is enclosure dependent, but one of my friends did not like his HDC3's sound quality. However, many people swear by Soundqubed. Ultimately, it's your money

They are overpriced but they put a easy 3200 watts at 1 and 2 ohms which leaves some room for box rise. Zv4 have a quality sound? I know they have good lows but I want something that meets right in the middle of lows and quality. Since getting both is pretty challenging. Thanks

I haven't heard a direct swap, but the stock Zv4's apparently lack the ~40hz spike in frequency response that most subs have. This may be more or less pleasing to you. Not sure about the SPL surrounds for them

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.