help with my HU installation

ChrisC
10+ year member

OK so i had a dual HU that came with my Acura Integra 96 SE when i bought it used. The head unit ****** so i bought an alpine CDE-9843. Since i already had an aftermarket head i thought i could install it myself and save about 60 bucks or what not. But crap because the previous owner F'd up the wires and crap. I dont know which wire which for the wires coming out of my car. Is there anyway i can find out which wires are what, because the colors are all different and wrong. I found out what 4 of the wires were because i opened up my front speakers and found the colors for those wires. So i only know the colors for the front left and right speakers. SIGH, should i just get this prof installed? this is really gay.

the multi meter is going to tell me which wires are my rear speakers, front, illumination, power, etc. ?????? becuase thats what i need to find out

i dont understand like the meter isn't going to tell me "REAR LEFT SPEAKER", its going to give me a reading so how exactly do i go through this process. Im a newb lol, i dont know what to do with the readings i get from the meter.

you use it to test continuity between the speaker wire, to make shure you have the right speaker wire, one lead goes to one end of the wire, the other lead gos to the other end of the wire, if that wire is conected it will buzz,

put it on dc voltage... and ground the black wire... and test a wire with the red one... if it reads 12 with the key off... on and all the way through the crank cycle that's your 12v constant wire... illumination is gonna turn 12v when you turn the parking lights on... then there is 12v ignition... which will read nothing until you turn the key forward and then it will read 12v... or just try this... but learn 2 use a multimeter it'll help you out a lot in the future

http://www.installdr.com/Harnesses/HA-Wiring.pdf

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.