Help with my Brutus 1500xd

TheVanMan
10+ year member

Why you looking here?
Ok, well I installed the amp and was everything looked cool. I start the car and amp goes on but no sound comes out. The protect isn't on, the power light is on, even the Hifonics light goes on but no sound. It doesn't make sense to me at all. It looks like the amp is just fine but no sound comes out. Do you guys have any suggestion as to how to fix this. I don't think it is the fuses since everything lights up but there is no sound. Since the protection light isn't on, that means it is not in protection. I have the gains at like almost 1/2 but still nothing. Not even a little sound, absolute quietness. Any suggestions would be great.

Those are fine. I had another amp that used the exact same wiring and that amp worked. I took that amp out to install this one but this one is giving me problems. All the wiring is the same, that why I have no clue on what to do. For the hell of it, I even switched around the RCA's but no luck.

Gains are up and there is no antibass feature on my head unit. I haven't touched my setting since my last amplifer was installed. I am starting to think the amp is faulty. Which is pissing me off since all I went through to finally get it, I have to wait longer. Has this happened to anyone else?

The amp is brand new. Bought it off a power seller on ebay. The package was unopened and the amp looked untouched. I have a 1 year warrenty through him so I might have to send it back. I really don't want to though since it will probably be another 2 weeks until I get it back.

No, they are in the input. That was the first thing I though. Thanks for the suggestion though. I would have felt real dumb if that was the case. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Does your deck have a "subwoofer off" setting? I'd double check it, because some decks are smart, and when you remove the signal from the remote and/or RCA's, they will automagically change the setting for you.

Also, double check speaker wire connections. You never know.

I know everyone is trying to help, but from the sounds of it, he unhooked his other amp, which was working, and hooked up the new amd and gets nothing....

If he hooks his old amp back up I'm bettin it will work again... Would you say that is an accurate description, "TheVanMan"???

If thats thecase its something to do wth the amp or its connections...

I know everyone is trying to help, but from the sounds of it, he unhooked his other amp, which was working, and hooked up the new amd and gets nothing....
If he hooks his old amp back up I'm bettin it will work again... Would you say that is an accurate description, "TheVanMan"???

If thats thecase its something to do wth the amp or its connections...
Thats basically it. I didn't change any wires. I sold my old amp and then hooked this one up two weeks later. I put caps on all the ends of the wiring and I removed the fuse from the fuse holder under the hood. When I got the brutus all I did was hook everything back up and put my fuse back on. Thats why I confused. I had 2 infinity reference subs that I was using to test the amp. I ran them at 8ohm first but then tried any one at 4 ohms. I know it is overpowering but I only wanted to test them. I plan to get the 15XXX so I am waiting until they are back in stock. Since I didn't have my old amp anymore I used my friends to test it out (his amp is the same as my old one) and it worked flawlessly. It must mean something internal because it is just doesn't make sense. I am going to half to email the place I bought it from saying it was DOA.

This is not my first amplifier install, however this is first time I had a problem getting it work after the first day or so.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.