help with midrange components!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

bizza
10+ year member

Florida
So, I want to go with a 3 way active frontstage. Midbass will be taken care for with a pair of Dayton rs180-4, getting 150 rms on a fully deadened door...

I need advices on a component set with great midrange and lots of detail. They do no have to have great midbass, as they will probably be high passed between 120-300 Hz. I want to be able to feel each guitar pluck...

These will be mounted in the kicks, getting another 150 rms...

My budget is somewhere around $250 (less is always better!). For that amount I figured I could get:

TS-C720PRS

POLK AUDIO MOMO MMC6500

MB Quart QSD216

Rainbow SLC 265

DLS UP6 6.5

BOSTON ACOUSTIC SL60

ALPINE SPX-17REF

JBL C608GTi-mkII

ROCKFORD FOSGATE T162S

I will consider second hand equipment too, as well as diy recommendations... thanks!

Its a matter of taste. You didn't mention what kind of music u listen to or kind of sound ur looking for. Try to demo them in stores then decide. Might I add the c608gtis are great but only if you like the metal sound. they are pure titanium so they are pretty harsh. The reason why I got them is because I get an awesome employee discount and they are a perfect match for my px600.2 and w12gti.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.