Help with Install

Participant count
  • Participant list

Garbageman
10+ year member

I have a Pioneer DEH-P8200R , with a MTX Thunder102 Amp, and a MTX 12 inch sub thats not ported. That I am getting ready to install in my 07 chev Trailblazer with a Bose system without Nav, but also has Onstar. (That I dont use). I would like to install this system but dont want to ruin my onstar in case we ever sell the vechicle. I went to best buy to price the harness and they told me it was $150..WOW...would like to get it off Ebay if possiable to get it cheaper but dont know what Im looking for....Any help would be appreciated....Also any and all help with install would be appreciated....where to run the hot wire for Amp ? Where to mount ? questions like that. Any ideas would be helpful..Although Ive done some installs before Im always learning ......

Well.. for 1 thing , if you dont use the Nav system, ect, then Id remove it, and store it in a safe closet away from the elements/inside home, and make a smoother transition.? Only makes since.Then get buisy installing your after market Hu and place the subs in the rear where you want,and amp/amps.Run your proper Ga wiring that you need/ want(I dont use any less than 4ga just in case, with a fuse dist block}.I say rear for amps, due to plenty of space, and away fro people poking/ messing with your possessions,Ect. But I recommend getting the Navi system out of the way, and proceed foward to some real tunes.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/imo.gif.3a57bcc70a4835dc53e86ffae1a0b041.gif

there is a cheaper knock off integration by PAC I think. I'd keep the factory headunit as I really like them and they don't interfere with signal much

Hope I didnt mislead anybody but yes Im takeing out the factory head unit and replaceing it with the pioneer head unit. but the system is equiped with the bose system with onstar. and I have heard that if you dont do it right it could screw up other things in your vechicele I just dont know what kind of harness I need to look for on ebay or maybe somewhere else so i might find it cheaper then best buy. or where do i find a rca cable long enough to go to the rear from the front to hook up the HU to the amp ?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.