Help with improving my system

BigTony
10+ year member

I have 2 JL Audio 10WX-4 WX Series 10" 4-Ohm Subwoofer running through a 760w 4ch amp. I am looking to use my current amp to run my four speakers and not the subs. I want to buy a new amp for just the subs, but I keep hearing different things. Some people tell me to just use a 300w mono block amp and run both subs through that. Or get an other 4ch amp and bridge it. I'm not quite sure what to do, i'm still pretty new at this. Thanks.

BigTony

I'm not looking to spend a bunch of money. and its a singe cab truck so not looking for a ton of equipment either. Total i'm looking to be just over a 1000w with everything installed. I can't decide if I want to buy I new amp for my subs, or leave my subs hooked up to the amp I have and buy a new one for just my speakers. (mids and highs)

Mono is the best choice for running subs, they are much more efficient than 2/4 channels and since bass usually is where the most power in an audio system goes to, then that's where you'd want to be the most efficient. You could have 24 subs all wired up to one amp.

Okay, I keep hearing mixed things about mono blocks and running more than one sub off of it, which is why I joined here so I could get more advice from different people. My subs are rated at 200w RMS. would a 300w mono block bump my subs hard enough or would it under power them?

Okay, I keep hearing mixed things about mono blocks and running more than one sub off of it, which is why I joined here so I could get more advice from different people. My subs are rated at 200w RMS. would a 300w mono block bump my subs hard enough or would it under power them?
It would under power them you need atleast 400... The mono I offered is 700

I would aim around 500w.

Okay cool. The only thing that i am worried about, as far as using a mono block, is the Ohm rating. i can't find what the different Ohm ratings are for my subs at different wattages. i don't want to blow them out ya know? haha

Okay cool. The only thing that i am worried about, as far as using a mono block, is the Ohm rating. i can't find what the different Ohm ratings are for my subs at different wattages. i don't want to blow them out ya know? haha

Those are single 4ohm. I had those when I first got back in the game but in 12s. They ****. Don't put over 400 watts to them. And make sure it's clean power!

Wire one sub to the other and that sub to the amp for a 2ohm load. Get a 400rms at 2ohms amp

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.