help with hifonics BRZ2400 amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

sbialek

CarAudio.com Newbie
kentucky
i have a hifonics brz2400 amp in my 2006 nissan titan and the strange problem that i am having is when i shut my truck off the amp shuts off like normal but after about 4 hours or so the green power light will be on.ive tried to observe this happening and i havent been succesful because its not consistant. one day last week power light didnt come on for 2 days then go out to truck to check it and its on. if someone could point me in the right direction on what could be causing this issue it would be greatly appreciated.

To possibly rule out the amp, the next time it does it unhook the remote wire at the amp, careful not to short anything, meaning don't let the remote wire or Allen wrench slip and touch ground etc. If the amp shuts off once you disconnect the remote wire it's likely a wiring issue or head unit issue.

I did a quick look and didn't see any audio sensing for that model, so either an issue with the amp, or head unit / remote wire.

You could of course measure the remote voltage at the amp while it is powered up when it is not supposed to be, but simply unhooking the remote wire when the problem occurs will tell if it is an amp problem and is easy to do, just have to wait for it to do it again.

Well that would indeed lead towards the amp being the problem. I suppose unhooking it still wouldn't hurt to try, but if it is indeed 0 volts and still powered up, the problem has to be at the amp remote / power terminals or internal. Simple thing would be to check for stray strands of wire around the terminals (possibly inside the amp too, yes sometimes loose strands find their way in if someone strips wire near or lets some break off when trying to insert into the terminal block). If not that then perhaps the remote turn on circuit of the amp has a bad component somewhere, which may or may not be easy to troubleshoot depending on your electronics repair experience.

For deeper technical help on repairing the amp if it comes to that, go sign up at https://www.diyaudio.com/community/forums/car-audio.38/ and be sure to post in the car audio section. It isn't a typical car audio forum at all, it is primarily help repairing car amplifiers, some very knowledgeable people there.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...