Help with Hifonics 1608D, broken or just not that good?

can you enplane more about the box that it is in . you say they are the same but you only put one in your friends car why? and when you tested yours in your car was there two subs in your box or one and if only one is each chamber sealed off from each other. and last is your box vented or sealed ?

The local Stereo shop said the Hifonics would not go as low as the rockford amp

^^^^ This is why dB-r does not deal with "Stereo" shops....

The Hifonics is probably not producing as much power at 2 ohms as the Rockford amp is bridged. Plus if you are comparing the sound of it from the car to a truck it's not going to be near as good on the bottom end (low bass) in the truck as it was in the car.

More info please on the vehicles and setup. I don't think the amp is your problem, if the sub is moving good in both setups then it's not the power, it's the vehicle.

Also, are you sure both coils are hooked up on the sub? Do you have an Ohmmeter (DMM, Voltmeter etc people call it different names but same thing) that you can check the Resistance of the coils on the subwoofer and follow it back to the amp? Maybe you have 1 coil unhooked somewhere and the amp is only seeing a 4 ohm load..?

i el retardo last night screwed up...

p300-2 = 150x2 at 2 ohms so around 600-700 at 2ohms bridged for a short period

that 1608D should put out ~800-900wrms at 2 ohms

depending on the settings on the amp, the crossover and the lpf one would sound different from another.

and that stereo shop is full of ****, hifonics amps go just as low as any other... i have a 1606D and i set my gain to 800wrms@ 2ohms i got 850 out of it but it sounded like it was clipping so i backed it off

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.