Help with enclosure/port dimensions for Elemental Designs 13oV.2 x3

Participant count
  • Participant list

image91

Good day all. So I decided to finally construct a ported enclosure for my three Elemental Designs 13oV.2s. I believe the ideal recommended is 1.5 ft^3 @30Hz. From reading around a couple forums I saw that a slightly bigger enclosure is a plus. Considering 1.6 ft^3 per chamber. Should I just stick to the 1.5 or go even bigger? Open to suggestions.

Have 43" across, 16.5" high to work with. My biggest problem is calculating the port area which I have never been any good at coming up with. Each chamber is 13.5" in Width so that would be one side of my slot port.

Car Audio - PORT Size Calculations and Formulas for WOOFER and Subwoofer BOXES

I calculated the recommended enclosure & got a port with 13.5" x 1.75" x 42.27" which is pretty long (Sticking to the 1:8 ratio for the port dimensions I got a port area of 23.625"^2) Figure I must be doing something wrong somewhere. If I increase the enclosure size to 1.75 ft^3 per chamber or raise the tuning frequency everything looks okay and the port length manageable but if I want to use the exact ideal specification was wondering what the port dimensions would look like.

Using the calculator I got a minimum port area of 30"^2 which threw everything off for me. The sub xmax that I found online was 18.3 mm. Did I misunderstand something? Should I ignore the minimum and proceed with the 23.625"^2? Going with a minimum of 30"^2 I am getting 13.5" x 2.25" with a port length of 51.17" which is obviously way too much.

I'm at a loss. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reading.

Apologies for the late reply bro. It's a wagon so there's some space available. I'm fine with being able to calculate the rest of the enclosure etc. What I really need is a port area to be honest. What were you thinking with the depth though? Thanks again //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.