Help with enclosure for two 18" Incriminators

Participant count
  • Participant list

Incrimin18s

Florida
I have a 13 cu. ft. box designed but need help with aero ports. My space is minimal, so I am thinking aeros are the way to go. I need a tuning of around 32hz and port area specs from Incriminator say 180 sq. inches for both subs. Any recommendations? Thanks.

What I really need is just help with aeroports for the box. Will two 8" aeros have enough port area? And what length do I need to make them for a tuning of 32hz in a 13 cubic foot box?

That's not a very big amp for those... will you go bigger eventually?.. the port size will be dependent on power

I will be making a different box for when I get the new amp. I just need a quick low power box to get me bumpin more than my 200w 12". Nothing crazy, just some good low bass for now.

First off those subs look a LOT better modeled up in a 15ft3 net box... but since that's the space you've got... I'm not sure why you want a low power box... it's gonna be a monster to build... I bet if you build one for that 4K amp (around 3200 actual btw)... the larger port won't matter a bit with the suspension on those subs... I'd imagine that a 2K amp will only tickle those 18's... I'd like to hear anyone else's thinking on this... I'd say tune a bit lower and go with a 10" aero 15" long... that'll lower the higher port velocities (above 42-4 m/s to under 22hz)... I'm still learning this stuff, so anyone feel free to weigh in... anyways... that's what I'd do...

2-8" aeros 17" long looks perfect btw... and that'll be enough for that 4K amp... leave at least 3.5" clearance behind those aeros... there's a formula for figuring it... I forgot the exact number tho...

minimum 2.125" clearance... it might lower tuning though... that'll almost match your port area... I hate math!

Last edited by a moderator:
I know. I bought them cause they were my favorite brand and couldnt pass it up. I know they need a wall style box with 15 cubes but I have a child and cannot wall the Jeep. I will build the box however I need to for later but I need to know if those aeros will be at that tuning in a 13 cube box. If you think youre right Ill try it, cause no one else is chiming in...

I have 28" of depth and the subs will be firing upwards, port firing rear. So the two 8" or a 10" will work. So the lengths you gave me are included to my 13 cube box right?

I know. I bought them cause they were my favorite brand and couldnt pass it up. I know they need a wall style box with 15 cubes but I have a child and cannot wall the Jeep. I will build the box however I need to for later but I need to know if those aeros will be at that tuning in a 13 cube box. If you think youre right Ill try it, cause no one else is chiming in...
2-8" aeros 17" long looks perfect btw... and that'll be enough for that 4K amp... leave at least 3.5" clearance behind those aeros... there's a formula for figuring it... I forgot the exact number tho...

minimum 2.125" clearance... it might lower tuning though... that'll almost match your port area... I hate math!
Go for it... it's a 32hz tune at 17"long with those 8'' aeros... and it'll be good up to around 3500 watts actual... perfect for that 4K amp

Alright I will try this out. I appreciate the help man, I already built a box that is completely fuxed, and I was about to just sell them. I'll post some build pics this weekend and post em up.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.