Help with electrical problems.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Ryan250

So I am sick of going through alternators. I have a 2000 f-150 with 2 12" JL w'3 powered by a 500/1 JL amp. 4 Speakers powered by 1 300/4 amp. KDC Kenwood 617 dvd headunit, and a bunch of other electrical devices. I go through an alternator once a year. I have a 2 farad capacitor which helped a little, but not much. I have one battery under the hood.

What do you guys recommend? Add a Kinetik battery or just upgrade my alternator? I have an OEM 130amp alt under there now.

Thanks.

I'd upgrade the alt. to the 130 amp from advance for like $150 (Just bought one) and also get yourself a Kinetic HC600 at least or a yellow top.

I have a 2002 F-150 Screw and I had 4 12's and a 3000 watt amp running off my battery with the 130 amp alt. and had no problems

CAPS ****! Toss it out.

I'd upgrade the alt. to the 130 amp from advance for like $150 (Just bought one) and also get yourself a Kinetic HC600 at least or a yellow top.
I have a 2002 F-150 Screw and I had 4 12's and a 3000 watts amp running off my battery with the 130 amp alt. and had no problems

CAPS ****! Toss it out.

Please explain to me how you have defied the laws of physics...

Please explain to me how you have defied the laws of physics...
explain your self. What laws of physics?

I had 4 Boss Ripper series 12's in a 13cu.ft sealed enclosure powered by a Boss 3kd.1.

My alt. was a 130 amp alt from Advance Auto parts.

explain your self. What laws of physics?
I had 4 Boss Ripper series 12's in a 13cu.ft sealed enclosure powered by a Boss 3kd.1.

My alt. was a 130 amp alt from Advance Auto parts.
Thank you...that post right there explained everything.

To the original poster...130amps should be plenty for the equipment you have, I would suggest you search this forum and do the "big 3" if you haven't done so already, and possibly run a smaller kinetik or powermaster battery as an aux. battery. Make sure all of you connections are solid and that wires are routed efficiently and safely and you should be fine.

i laugh at boss

May laugh as i did also at first, but when I had to pay the glass people to repair my back glass whare the pressure has caused my back glass to leak i wasnt laughing ne more. Bought it all for $50 and sold it all for over $700 to a SUCKER!!!!

Boss, lol
BTW he did say his stock alt is 130, so getting a 130amp alt from AAP would help how?
Didnt see that part. No good at all then. Do like chevyaudio said and see if it makes a dif. I'd get you a Kinetic though for sure

Thanks fellas.

I think I am just going to order the Kinetik 600.

I just run 4 awg positive wire from the original starter battery(the one under the hood) to the Kinetik cell then into my amps, right? I don't have to run a ground wire from the orignal battery to the Kinetik cell too, do I? I can just ground it to the chassis under my seat.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.